Legal music downloads for the more economically minded

Even ignoring that they said no streaming or subscriptions, if they WERE spending £79/year on music, you get to KEEP that music, forever! That is far better value than paying to access it for a year only.

Personally I'm not fussed with discounted tracks as I would rather pay for the get proper lossless quality tracks. If you can stand a little more "faff", just pick up old CDs off eBay, MusicMagpie, etc and rip them yourself.

I really don't understand this need to have it NOW, even if that means inferior quality.

You obviously aren’t very clued up on these things. First it isn’t a stream only service. The tracks can be downloaded for offline playback if you want.

The convenience of not taking time to rip and having a library of tracks that you probably might never of listened to and try is worth paying for. Also, not needing to find space for all your CDs and hard drive space for all your loss less tracks is a great advantage.

Having the tracks available on release is a good thing.

You obviously aren’t very clued up on these things. First it isn’t a stream only service. The tracks can be downloaded for offline playback if you want.

The convenience of not taking time to rip and having a library of tracks that you probably might never of listened to and try is worth paying for. Also, not needing to find space for all your CDs and hard drive space for all your loss less tracks is a great advantage.

Having the tracks available on release is a good thing.

They said "no stream, no subscription", so how does offering them a subscription service make sense?

Granted its bundled in with other things, but its quite expensive if you aren't interested in the other features it offers.

They were also specifically talking about sales, clearly not interested in getting things at release.

I'm not denying that streaming and subscription services have their place for some people, but its kinda pointless pointing them to something they specifically said they weren't looking for.

If you have Amazon Prime, then Prime Music is free and you can get Amazon Music Unlimited for £79 a year. So if you’re spending more than that a year on Music then it might be worth considering.

According to their website, Amazon seem to be saying it costs £7.99 a month for Prime members unless I have misunderstood?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/dmusic/promotions/AmazonMusicUnlimited/ref=dmm_acq_marin_d_bra%7Cc_216669249975_m_Zy0koYEQ-dt_s__

Since you won't have paid for the individual tracks, yes, I think that's the case.

I'm a household member, so I'm not entirely sure how it works, I haven't tried it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910360

£7.99 is the cost for prime, which includes music (for the primary account holder only).

I’ve just been looking into this and it seems that as a Prime member you get Amazon music which gives you access to 2 million songs, whereas if you pay an additional £7.99 you get access to Amazon music unlimited which gives you access to 40 million songs including new releases.

I’ve just been looking into this and it seems that as a Prime member you get Amazon music which gives you access to 2 million songs, whereas if you pay an additional £7.99 you get access to Amazon music unlimited which gives you access to 40 million songs including new releases.

And music unlimited you definately cant access downloaded songs if you stop subscribing.