Beautiful at the Lyceum

I'd recommend this for any fans of 60s music. Great cast, wonderful music, in an amazing theatre. We are so lucky to have quality productions here in Sheffield. We've been this afternoon, and enjoyed it enormously.

do they all get up and dance and spoil it for everyone sat behind, that's why I stopped going

do they all get up and dance and spoil it for everyone sat behind, that's why I stopped going

This happened to us at the City Hall the other week, won't be going again.

No, no one got up and danced thank goodness. Mainly older people around us, well behaved, applauded in the right places, and really enthusiastically at the end. We should be able to enjoy a show that we've paid quite a bit for, without our view being blocked by people who don't consider the rest of the audience. Perhaps if shows are being put on for a week, the box office could offer one showing for anyone who wants to jump about. Then we could all go to other performances knowing we'll be able to watch the whole show.

No, no one got up and danced thank goodness. Mainly older people around us, well behaved, applauded in the right places, and really enthusiastically at the end. We should be able to enjoy a show that we've paid quite a bit for, without our view being blocked by people who don't consider the rest of the audience. Perhaps if shows are being put on for a week, the box office could offer one showing for anyone who wants to jump about. Then we could all go to other performances knowing we'll be able to watch the whole show.

I’ve got up to dance during a show at The City Hall but we danced in the aisles.

I’ve got up to dance during a show at The City Hall but we danced in the aisles.

That's ok. This was the Lyceum, not great when people stand up in front.

That's ok. This was the Lyceum, not great when people stand up in front.

I absolutely agree with you.

Yes, what a great night this was. It never felt right to get up and dance in this. Unlike Let it Be when it was positively encouraged.

But it spoiles it for everyone else that can’t stand and why should you have to put up with it it’s worse when they think it’s a karaoke night and sing or clap out of time, they are shows not a dance.