What cable do I need

Yeah does the Ipad have Bluetooth ?

OP said Air 2 so yes.

---------- Post added 05-02-2018 at 21:12 ----------

This is what you need for direct connection to TV from HDMI.

Mine works with iplayer.

There are cheaper versions but I cannot testify to their quality. this is the official Apple one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Lightning-Digital-AV-Adapter/dp/B009WHV3BM/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1517864748&sr=1-4&keywords=lightning+to+hdmi&dpID=31ZFT5x8OML&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

That or an Apple TV that I already mentioned.

The article quoted earlier seems to imply you can’t stream your iPad using chrome cast only control it like a remote control.

There are many types of set top box that have apps to watch things like iplayer on them.

Edited by TheNugget

Would it not be easier to get a YouView box? They might not be so expensive second hand. Plusnet and BT offer them quite cheaply and TalkTalk used to - not sure whether they still do though. Alternatively, a Humax box maybe?

Not being technically up on this stuff, I have an inexpensive Android tablet that is equipped with a mini HDMI port and I just bought a cable that has a full HDMI connector at one end and a mini HDMI at the other end and I can watch anything from the tablet on the bigger TV whenever I want.

Hello Ontarian, I’m not technical either, the way you have mentioned is the way that I will have to go, I wish I had stayed with my android tablet its much easier for me to use. Thanks Alan.

My chromoecast will cast anything I play on my Android phone or Tablet, I just run the Google CC app then cast all video and sound to the device. Flawless, take it all over the world!

I have a chromecast I just use youtube and netflix turn bluetooth on my iphone and stream it from the netflix or youtube app

Chromecast doesn’t use Bluetooth.

Chromecast streams direct from source. All you are doing by casting is sending a link with the relevant metadata to the Cromecast over WiFi.