Galaxy 8 Screen Protector

I'm after a better screen protector for the S8.

I got one of those glass jobs from Amazon and it's made a mess of the touch screen. It works but not as good as it did without.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Since s7 and now s8 there's never been a great screen protector since ending of flat screen of the s6.

The only one worth using and it's the best screen protector I've ever used is the whitestone dome ..It's not cheap and not easy to install.. . available on Amazon

Since s7 and now s8 there's never been a great screen protector since ending of flat screen of the s6.

The only one worth using and it's the best screen protector I've ever used is the whitestone dome ..It's not cheap and not easy to install.. . available on Amazon

Thanks,

I watched a video about that one and it did look good. A lot of messing and as you say, not cheap. It did look very good though... Just had a quick look and £34.99 on mobile fun (The one with the UV light)

Why do you want a screen protector on an S8?

It wont stop it cracking if you drop it, and if it's to prevent scratches - well, it's pointless as the S7 and S8 have anti-scratch coating, not had an issue with the S7, with no protector on it...

this can also cause issues with other protectors slipping or peeling, because of the coating...

It wont stop it cracking if you drop it, and if it's to prevent scratches - well, it's pointless as the S7 and S8 have anti-scratch coating, not had an issue with the S7, with no protector on it...

this can also cause issues with other protectors slipping or peeling, because of the coating...

Even though the S8 screen is made of strong Gorilla glass 5, a good SP Will stop the screen getting cracked if you drop it. .. Theres also a potential for scratching the screen if you don't look after the phone as maybe one should.

I've Never had a protector slip or peel..although with cheap screen protectors that maybe the case

Edited by ICXCNIKA

Why do you want a screen protector on an S8?

I always tend to go a bit OTT when it comes to looking after my electronics... some would say OCD.

I understand what you're saying but I think a screen protector of some sorts is standard issue. The main hurdle is the curved screen. The phone was a gift so I really do want it to look good and last as long as possible.

I can't really run to the one above which is £40, not the £35 I first quoted. Samsung do a 2 pack of film ones for this phone. I have got fairly good at fitting these over the years (No bubbles!) so I might give those a try at £7.50 from Amazon.

I doubt we'll agree fully but all replies taken on board ;)

Even though the S8 screen is made of strong Gorilla glass 5, a good SP Will stop the screen getting cracked if you drop it. .. Theres also a potential for scratching the screen if you don't look after the phone as maybe one should.

I've Never had a protector slip or peel..although with cheap screen protectors that maybe the case

a Screen Protector won't prevent cracks... I have had phones with expensive protectors on, and the screens still cracked....

Just a quick update.

I went for the Samsung ones that gives you 2 in the box (£7.50 Amazon or £15 Mobile Fun!!)

I bit more tricky that the flat screen ones but nothing serious. Got rid of 99% of bubbles during fitting and a day or so using the phone sorted the last tiny ones.

No problem with cases either. I read of many issues with the glass ones with a case.

Just a quick update.

I went for the Samsung ones that gives you 2 in the box (£7.50 Amazon or £15 Mobile Fun!!)

I bit more tricky that the flat screen ones but nothing serious. Got rid of 99% of bubbles during fitting and a day or so using the phone sorted the last tiny ones.

No problem with cases either. I read of many issues with the glass ones with a case.

yes XDA forums is quite good for info on phones etc.

yes XDA forums is quite good for info on phones etc.

They are. I've used them a good few years now for various tablets and phones. Only problem is wading through the babies posts that bricked their device because they didn't read the instructions right.

Ok, to be open and honest... I've nearly done it a few times too!! :hihi: