Female sports commentators

The increase in female sports commentators has been a bit of a disappointment. There is one, Rachel Brown on BT sports (occassionally) who is very good. Apart form that there isn't much.

Football is especially bad. Sue Smith seems to want to show that she can be just as cliched and monotone as any of the blokes and there is Robyn Cowan on the BBC whose voice goes through me like a dentist's drill.

People rave about Alison Mitchell n BT cricket. She certainly has an encyclopedic knowledge of every cricketing cliche known to man and by gum does she use them. And crikey, can she talk. As in never shutting up. It doesn't matter if she has nothing to say other than something she said five seconds since, she'll say it anyway.

Can't we just have some better ones please?

I would marry Alison Mitchell tomorrow. Today if she was already on a plane back here.

I think Kelly cates is good though. There's one on channel 5 who does the championship stuff (I don't watch that often) who thought was well informed.

Edited by tinfoilhat

The footy females don't talk any more drivel than their male counterparts. What I can't get on with are the excited shrill voices.

The footy females don't talk any more drivel than their male counterparts. What I can't get on with are the excited shrill voices.

When I was younger, I used to love excited, shrill female voices. Nudge, wink ,know what I mean? ;)

I would marry Alison Mitchell tomorrow. Today if she was already on a plane back here.

I think Kelly cates is good though. There's one on channel 5 who does the championship stuff (I don't watch that often) who thought was well informed.

Alison Mitchell has been a shining light amongst the utter dross that BT Sport have served up during the Ashes. She's enthusiastic, knowlegeable and engaging when she speaks. That is in direct contrast to Boycott, Swann and Vaughan. I never need to hear another word from any of those three.

Alison Mitchell has been a shining light amongst the utter dross that BT Sport have served up during the Ashes. She's enthusiastic, knowlegeable and engaging when she speaks. That is in direct contrast to Boycott, Swann and Vaughan. I never need to hear another word from any of those three.

Vaughan is turning more into boycott (who I don't mind in small doses) with every passing year. Swann I like on TMS but I haven't seen him on BT Sport - he generally offers something a bit different but I do tire of his one man Anderson fan club act.

All the pundits just say the obvious,they say everything positive about the players and nothing negative,no wonder they're up their own arses.