Party Venues/function rooms to Hire Megathread

Hi all,

Looking for a non-traditional wedding reception venue, roughly 200 guests, but that would allow us to run our own bar.

Basically my partner and I both work in hospitality, so have access to a portable bar, offers from colleagues to work for free, and will be looking at covering the cost of the booze ourselves in order to take donations over the bar - which will all go to a combination of local and national charities (aiming to raise around 4k)

Naturally most places won't allow you to run your own bar, which we totally understand, but this is make or break for us when looking for a venue... An unlicenced function room would be ideal, but even if someone has access to a shell of a room/warehouse-y type venue/or plot of land we can put a marquee up, not after anything glamorous at all and are more than happy to put the effort in to dress the venue ourselves.

Central location preferred but by no means essential. Happy to negotiate a good hire fee.

Thanks!

hi all. I manage a small (less than 100 cap) event space located in the city centre. in house sound system and dj facilities also available. very flexible depending on what you require. give us an email to ritetrax@gmail.com to inquire about hire of the space and what you need. we can offer a range of deals to suit including licensed bar and BYOB options for your private party.

Hello,

We are looking for a function room to accommodate 100+ people, with own kitchen so that we can cook in it, for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve Party.

Can anyone recommend me a place like that please?

Thank you!

Hi

Try Millenium Hall (ex Polish Club) on Ecclesall Road. They have decent large commercial kitchen and a mixture of rooms/ ante-rooms etc which can be interconnecting. There's a large hall which is technically fit for dancing, or eating, with a bar in situ and another connected larger bar area (sep bar). Also meeting rooms upstairs, plus Eccy Rd atmosphere. Lots of options there. We brought in our own chefs for an event some time ago so can't see why things would have changed. Bookings are bookings. And no I don't have a connection.

Looking for recommendations for room hire for a 30th birthday party next April. Would be for around 50-60 people and ideally in city centre or S6. Thanks.

hi, my family are holding a charity event on 3rd of March 2018 for new start charity at whythenshawe hospital in Manchester due to saving my mum's life earlier this year and now wanting to give back and we are looking for a venue the hosts are based at s20 so ideally wanting this side of town but will consider most places and to hold between 100-120 people and also kust allow own catering and dj

any recommendations would be great thanks

I am looking for either a small function room or an area in a pub which we can section off that is free of charge?

Ideally looking for somewhere in the S5, S6 or S35 area

Its my hubby's birthday - not a big birthday but an excuse to gather friends and family together and have a few drinks, we are expecting around 60 guests so don't need a hughe space.

We do have children so the venue needs to be child friendly and allow children in until closing.

No need for DJ, will potentially do our own small buffet if possible

Thank you x

hi... try the banner cross pub... they have a great function room above the pub.. its s11

top of eccy road.. hope that helps

Laycocks club on archer road have a function room for hire.You can use your own Dj and caterers.call the club on 0114 2369104 or 07709297680.

---------- Post added 29-12-2017 at 18:19 ----------

hi, my family are holding a charity event on 3rd of March 2018 for new start charity at whythenshawe hospital in Manchester due to saving my mum's life earlier this year and now wanting to give back and we are looking for a venue the hosts are based at s20 so ideally wanting this side of town but will consider most places and to hold between 100-120 people and also kust allow own catering and dj

any recommendations would be great thanks

Hi. Laycocks club on archer rd may suit your needs. Give the club a call on 0114 2369104. Or if out of opening hours call 07709297680 and speak to the secretary. Hope that helps.

It’s my daughters 18th and I am looking for a free hire venue room that has a bar and music. We are looking at about 100 people as it’s a surprise and ideally close to the ponderosa.

Thanks in advance

Hi, my fiancé and I are getting married abroad and are looking to have a little party on our return. We want somewhere nice, but everywhere costs an absolute bomb when a wedding is involved.

Are they any nice cheap function rooms in Sheffield? 

Is here anywhere in Sheffield to hire a nice reception room for a party?

I know there is an old thread with some suggestions in, but it is from like 2012. Looking for around 150 people to be accommodated in early Feb.

Any recommendations?