Have the GAME Group now super accelerated their demise with the ME3 fiasco?

For those not in the know the story is below:

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/121/1219655p1.html

I like many other people had pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of ME3 from GAME as they had the UK exclusive, and then had to scramble around online like a lunatic to try and secure a copy from elsewhere when the news broke. Bearing in mind I had my pre-order on since September 2011 I wasn't best pleased.

As a result of this shambles I will never use GAME or Gamestation again, either online or bricks and mortar.

What are your thoughts? Was anyone else affected?

Nope, I wasn't affected, and I still buy games from GAME in both Town and Meadowhall, I just don't care for COD (I'm not a big fan of Cod fish either :P).

Only difference is that GAME are charging £5 for pre-orders of Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken, and I can order them on Amazon for free, and cheaper, yes I know that with GAME you get all the DLC for your extra £5 but I just want to play the game not spend 2 hours downloading extra stuff that should be in the game anyway.

First time game ever disappointed me was at Vita launch when their prices were remarkably higher than elsewhere. Ive always gone to game for my purchases, i know most of the staff in town and meadowhall and have a good banter when i go in. However even the staff in launch day agreed on going to asda or online amazon, a memeber of staffs statement was 'we cant compete with vita launch price and money talks so cant blame you for going somewhere else'. So im assuming a lot of people felt let down and now with ME3 problems i fear game will lose a lot of loyal customers.

I dont want to see anything happen to game, i HATE buying online. It already annoys me to death that for my blu-rays i have only 1 choice of shops which is'HMV'. I like to look round an all meadowhall has is 'HMV' for films and its very frustrating.

Edited by damien666

Nope, I wasn't affected, and I still buy games from GAME in both Town and Meadowhall, I just don't care for COD (I'm not a big fan of Cod fish either :P).

Only difference is that GAME are charging £5 for pre-orders of Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken, and I can order them on Amazon for free, and cheaper, yes I know that with GAME you get all the DLC for your extra £5 but I just want to play the game not spend 2 hours downloading extra stuff that should be in the game anyway.

What are you blithering on about? Did you even read the article? Charging £5 for pre-orders? THEY ARE NOT SELLING IT FULL STOP as they can't get credit.

First time game ever disappointed me was at Vita launch when their prices were remarkably higher than elsewhere. Ive always gone to game for my purchases, i know most of the staff in town and meadowhall and have a good banter when i go in. However even the staff in launch day agreed on going to asda or online amazon, a memeber of staffs statement was 'we cant compete with vita launch price and money talks so cant blame you for going somewhere else'. So im assuming a lot of people felt let down and now with ME3 problems i fear game will lose a lot of loyal customers.

I dont want to see anything happen to game, i HATE buying online. It already annoys me to death that for my blu-rays i have only 1 choice of shops which is'HMV'. I like to look round an all meadowhall has is 'HMV' for films and its very frustrating.

What is it you hate about buying online when it's cheaper and more convenient?

you argue just for the sake of arguing dont you :hihi:

who said anything about cod ?, this thread is about mass effect 3 :huh:

What are your thoughts? Was anyone else affected?

The prices in Game are just ridiculous, you can walk a few hundred yards and usually get it elsewhere for less. Not to mention their price gouging at every possible opportunity.

For my money, I'm glad they're going under, they don't deserve to be in business.

They don't charge for pre order its a deposit. I don't pre order from GAME anymore after they sold my pre ordered limited edition spirit tracks

The prices in Game are just ridiculous, you can walk a few hundred yards and usually get it elsewhere for less. Not to mention their price gouging at every possible opportunity.
I haven't been in GAME in years (and I mean, years) for that very reason.

I don't even nip in Gamestation either, now that they have completely dropped earlier-gens (used to find retro gems for peanuts for a long time, before the policy eventually changed). These days they are run like an 'also-GAME'.

Amazon or eBay all the way for new or old releases (always cheaper), and a quick drop in cashconverters/the like for a nosey if I'm in town.

I don't really do mainstream games anyway, so they haven't really catered to my tastes for a long time.

Gamestation in meadowhall do have a small selection of n64/gamecube/ps1-2/xbox/gameboy games

Gamestation in meadowhall do have a small selection of n64/gamecube/ps1-2/xbox/gameboy games

It's a little known fact that Gamestation and GAME are both owned by the same company...

I just prefer it, i like shopping so im always out and about so its more convenient for me to go into a shop, buy it, take it home and play. Not going online, thinking 'i want that' then having to wait a minimum of a day if your very lucky. Walk in, get it, home, play it. Simple. Whats convenient for one person wont be the same for everyone.