Anti Virus Software & Internet protection

Can anyone recommend a good anti-virus software for my computer. Especially one that has internet protection. I currently have avast free antivirus but I consider this not to be very good or reliable as certain inappropriate website's keep "popping" up on my PC. For some reason problem only occurs when I'm attempting to get on to the Sheffield Forum website.

kasperski, at around £20 in the for sale section.

My experience of Avast is that it's very good. Your problem sounds like malware to me.

It does sound as if you may have some malware running round in there.

Download, install, update & then run the free version of Malwarebytes. If it detects anything, copy & paste the log it produces back here.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php (Blue button)

Download, install, update & then run the free version of Malwarebytes. If it detects anything, copy & paste the log it produces back here.

What is Malware?

What is Malware?

Malicious software.

An umbrella term that encompasses viruses, spyware, adware, trojans, worms etc... The whole lot.

I'm just in the process of scanning the computer with what you recommended, Waddler8. I just hope this works and it not only sorts out my computer but it also something that is legit

Don't worry, It is 100% legit. I wouldn't link you to it if it wasn't.

I'm just in the process of scanning the computer with what you recommended, Waddler8. I just hope this works and it not only sorts out my computer but it also something that is legit

what i put here was misleading, i hope i corrected it further on in the thread.

Edited by vwcrazed

Sorry but for some reason I can't coppy and paste the log back to you BUT under "Vendor" it says "Security Hijack". Under "Category" it reads "Registery Key". Under "Item" its too long for me to write what it says. Under "Action Taken" it all reads "No Action Taken".