OFFICIAL Owls vs Blades - Derby day banter thread

Leave you thoughts & banter on here so we dont mess up the other threads like usually happens :D

I am hoping for a better result than the last time we visited the Sty, too bad the International break is between matches as United seem to be on a bit of a roll and wednesdays confidence is shattered.

Still its a Sheffield derby and anything can and will happen, no Nobsor this season so thats got to be a plus for the Blades :thumbsup:

Another plus is that the ground wont be like Ponds Forge and also we have a fit BT this season :love:

Piggies not too bad at home so probably a draw is on the cards.

UTB

We're gonna beat you na-na-na-na-na-na!:razz: Pigs are poo Owls are best!.. ( that kind of thing? )

Well, I've got my lucky pants at the ready, unwashed since Boxing Day 1979! Should be a good contest this time round. Morgan looks unlikely to start, whilst Simek & King Sodje back for the Mighty Blue n White.

C'mon the Owls!:thumbsup:

Wednesday are in for a beating.

Beattie scoring 10 goals in 45 mins. :D

Morgan looks unlikely to start, whilst Simek & King Sodje back for the Mighty Blue n White.

On the plus side Ugo will start ahead of Morgan, Simek has played 45 minutes in the last year so it'll be a bonus if he starts and Sodje didn't even play for the reserves last night so fingers crossed he won't be playing as he looks a threat.

Can't say i'm looking forward to it, i never make predictions on derby matches but i'm glad Beattie has hit form just in time, the international break isn't doing us any good though.

You lot seem to think this Sodje is something special, If he his that good what the hell is he doing coming to you.Hhe had a bit of a run in the side because of injuries got a few goals and suddenly he's a world beater, Then he's out 7 months and his first game back he's going to destroy us .Bring it on i say give me BT every time

You lot seem to think this Sodje is something special, If he his that good what the hell is he doing coming to you.Hhe had a bit of a run in the side because of injuries got a few goals and suddenly he's a world beater, Then he's out 7 months and his first game back he's going to destroy us .Bring it on i say give me BT every time

In all fairness to the swine they haven't got much to crow about so i'd say Sodje was their most dangerous player and i'd be happier if he didn't play.

Saying that i'm sure the Wednesday fans are much more worried about BT then we are about Sodje.

Sodje will make a difference if he plays, would like to see him and Jeffers together against United but fitness is a doubt obviously, defensively we look a bit dodgy, need Woody in at the back ! United go into the game looking strong so heres praying for another derby day upset at S6......COME ON WEDNESDAY !

Sodje will make a difference if he plays, would like to see him and Jeffers together against United but fitness is a doubt obviously, defensively we look a bit dodgy, need Woody in at the back ! United go into the game looking strong so heres praying for another derby day upset at S6......COME ON WEDNESDAY !

What with your home record and our not so great away record, only 2 points seperating the teams i'd make Wednesday the favourites for this one.

You're the home team so it'll be up to you to attack us.

Jeffers and Sodje - the glass ankle brothers :)

I saw Jeffers on the box v Plymouth the other day, stone me that lads clapped some timber on.....even at 36yr old i can't see Ugo getting beaten for pace by him.

come on you blades we cant let them get the better ov us

blades to win

btw- if any blades are having a few beers before and after the game - we will probably be in champs on eccy road.

bring on the wednesday!

Jeffers and Sodje - the glass ankle brothers :)

I saw Jeffers on the box v Plymouth the other day, stone me that lads clapped some timber on.....even at 36yr old i can't see Ugo getting beaten for pace by him.

Surprisingly enough Jeffers has looked quite lively in his brief appearances in recent weeks, so providing he don't get injured you and Ugo may get a shock, let's hope Jermaine Johnson is on form too, I ain't making no predictions but it could be an interesting game, hope it's not a no score draw but I'll take that over a defeat :thumbsup: