Sheffield United Relegation / Appeal Megathread

Owls fans: Do you support United in their quest for reinstatement?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Owls fans: Do you support United in their quest for reinstatement?

• Yes
    • No

I haven't been to the ground for nearly 2 years because he's still there.

I have heard too much about what goes on behind the scenes.

On the pitch he has zero tactical knowledge.

We have an expensive Academy which has produced no players for the first team. Warnock hardly ever watches Academy games (must be too bust scouting our £500,000 new signing :loopy: )

I don't know what training they do but the team seem to have the inability to pass or cross a ball.

The cup performances have glossed over poor league form.

He did a great job of stabalising the club after Heath but we have been lacking any direction since Brown left. Its no suprise to me that Bruce and Spackman left when the money they were promised by the board never materialised.

They wont sack Warnock because he doesn't complain about lack of money and he keeps them in the divison (mid table)

should he go?

Well I think like Bassett Warnock has run his course,you are right about Brown,but when McCall was in the midfield he controlled everything,that is what we are missing a decent Centre Half & a midfielder who can control the the team,Look at Man Utd Keane,Arsenal Vierra,Chelsea Lampard,Liverpool Gerrard.All the top teams have a strong midfield General we have a few Privates,no one strong enough to get the ball & control the team.Warnock last night threw on Kabba & Forte with the other 2 that is 4 strikers,I would have put Thirwell on he is a midfielder,that is what was missing,someone too spread the ball out to Quinn & Liddel & get decent crosses in,I think most of our team are Vampires because when a cross comes in they go missing.What on earth do they do in training set pieces they don't appear to practice,because everycorner ,throwin,freekick,lands on the head of of the big defender or the goalkeeper.If Warnock loves Sheffield Utd like he say's he does then surely he should resign at the end of the season & let us get a manager in who can push us that bit extra to get us in the Premiere League.Well at least West Ham drew,but still a game in hand,I hope Forest do us a favour & hold Reading.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

If Warnock loves Sheffield Utd like he say's he does then surely he should resign at the end of the season & let us get a manager in who can push us that bit extra to get us in the Premiere League.

I don't think we would get that kind of manager if Warnock goes.

Yes he should go at the end of this season. I think the majority of fans recognise the job he has done. The club is in a healthy position, has some quality players and has the potential to go forward next season. There is a number of players who IMO should be allowed to play at a higher level next season and of whom we could get good fees. I'm talking about Jagielka and Tonge. Having said that, if any player needs the lift a new manager would bring it is Tonge.

We will be in the Championship yet again next season and during summer will be the time to add new impetus, new players and a new manager with new, fresh ideas. We should say a big thank-you to Neil and part on good terms.

It's all very well our saying that 'look what he has done for the club, compared to.....', but to me that's just playing it safe and resting on our laurels. It's time to take a gamble, investing in both players and management.

Despite what Mr Warnock says, the club has not gone forward since the double semi-finals two seasons back. The fact that the team never turned up at the play-off final still wrankles. And last night's pathetic showing against a rather average side shows to me at least, that Warnock hasn't learned anything either.

Tired, jaded and short on ideas, that's Sheffield United today as other clubs of similar or smaller stature look forward to the revenue of the play-offs and possibly the promised riches and countless other benefits of a place in the Premiership next season.

no he shoulnt go he has got us into the play offs and he is doing well

If Warnock went, who would we get?

Please don't kid yourselves into thinking top managers like Strachan will come.

Warnock is doing well, if the truth be told United are punching above their weight.

im split 50/50 on this one!!

I can see the benefits of having a new manager- fresh ideas, new start- possibly better attendances BUT

if we do get rid of warnock - who realistically is going to come to the lane? we arn't big enough to attract a big name manager and we don't have much money to spend- so do we take a chance and get someone from the lower leagues?? to be honest id prefer to keep warnock than do that!!!

Well we are certainly bigger than most clubs in the Championship & look at Paul Jewel he has done a great job at Wigan,with Ltd resources so has Joe Royle at Ipswich & Mick McCarthy at Sunderland need I go on,these managers are not high profile & I think Strachan is not too big for our club look at Coventry.I would say we are a simular size club & he managed them & Southampton.We should be looking higher or we might as well stay a mid table club forever & I for one do not think the club & it's paying fans deserve no less.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

Well we are certainly bigger than most clubs in the Championship & look at Paul Jewel he has done a great job at Wigan,with Ltd resources so has Joe Royle at Ipswich & Mick McCarthy at Sunderland need I go on,these managers are not high profile & I think Strachan is not too big for our club look at Coventry.I would say we are a simular size club & he managed them & Southampton.We should be looking higher or we might as well stay a mid table club forever & I for one do not think the club & it's paying fans deserve no less.UP THE BLADES

All the clubs you mentioned have had much more money to spend than United.

And Strachan managed those clubs IN THE PREMIERSHIP, very big difference.

For a team our size we are doing well to have ended up near the play-offs for another season. We are not as big as Sunderland or Ipswich. At least if Warnock stays we can probably look forward to aiming for the play-offs (or hopefully a top 2) next season. If he goes, I think we are likely to do badly. Sack him next season if we do really badly, not now when we are 8th in the table.

Ipswich a big club never,David Unsworth has to go back to his club because they cannot afford him & Sunderland may have a great stadium & big crowds but they have never had a lot of money ,that is why they picked Mick McCarthy to be manager because he is like Warnock & Bassett & so is Joe Royle old school wheeler dealers.I like to think Utd are in the same bracket as the above teams & I think we are certainly bigger than Wigan.UP THE BLADES

Warnocks done a good job, and should stay, with him in power they will make the prem!