Virgin media bb speed

is anyone in the sheff 6 area suffering rubbish download speeds like i have all day i have called vm via india and was told there are isues.im on 2 meg and not even gettin 512... should read virgin media bb lol

2meg is the theoretical maximum if all components are configured and working correctly and there's no other contention on the line. It's also going to depend what/from where you're downloading.

If it's an ongoing issue, keep a decent log for a while and contact them again.

If i run the same test on my 10meg line, I'm getting way more than that! Bear in mind that there's a lot of upgrade work happening on the VM networks at the moment too.

If i run the same test on my 10meg line, I'm getting way more than that! Bear in mind that there's a lot of upgrade work happening on the VM networks at the moment too.

:hihi: unless they starting to cap us after 3gb after 4pm allready

:gag::hihi:

would not mind a Prov.ru connection mind

Prov.RU Down Ave 24314 kb/s Up Ave 11751 kb/s

Hmmm... I should be on 20mb now and my speed is nowhere near that at all.. I will deffo be giving Virgin a ring tonight, because they can drop our payments if we arent getting that or if it is being capped when they claim its 'unlimited'

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

Virgin offical site but some people on some areas say they have been done while the information on the web page says TBA

as for the TM rollocks that can be found hear

http://abcde.co.uk/virginmedia/stm.html

PS they are also a number of reports of the download speeds being low in a few places today.

just got to hang with it for a while

yeah, the Traffic Management is already in effect, it started on the 1st around the country... so if oyur on 2mb, and hit 350MB downloaded, you will be cut down to 1mbps for 4 hours :\

I think the whole thing is a load of BS tbh, and Virgin Media are going to get in trouble for it soon enough.

say theres the people who work, 9am till 5pm, they can only do their downloading between 6pm till mid night, obviously because they work... -- say they wish to download a Linux Distribution - these can hit 4GB Easile, especially the DVD releases... say they are a gamer, just reinstall World Of Warcraft for example, the download size for the update is about 2.5GB.. or say they installed Guild Wars, they download the Guild Wars file (which totals about 3.3GB) - these are before they even start playing a a game..

Ok, another scenario... 2 kids, 4 PC's (2 laptops)

both the kids are chatting on line, one is playing a game (lets say WoW for arguments sake) and using voice chat, another is downloading a few MP3's... the mum is using sky active and downloading a couple of movies or that episode of 24 she missed, while the dad is doing some work, downloading a linux distro or doing excessive web browsing, or even recieveing large attatchments via email.. this can (and probably does) happen a few times per week...

the useage would EASILY hit 3GB within that time frame...

and then as the website says, there's background stuff, windows update, virus checker updates for example (not forgetting this is x4)

totally agree ghozer vm will go down the pan this rate,but as long as bransons getting his pound of flesh, but me thinks branson will regret lettin ntl/tw use his virgin brand

I'm on 10 Mb and have been getting less than half this for the past few days - Sheffield 5 area - never known it as bad ........ :(