Woman Falls Off Cruise Liner.

A Lady had the misfortune to fall off her holiday ship, and was found 10 hrs later, still in good health it seems. Well done to the guys who found her.

When asked how she fell, she said I was sat at the back of the ship and fell off.

How that happened will be looked into I hope. She must be the luckiest woman alive.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

I can't find any information on it so I'm gonna assume they don't have them, so my question is why aren't cruise ships required to have a sea-going rescue rib for this type of unfortunate event?

They didn't realise she was gone for quite some time. It's not like they noticed and stopped...

When she was reported missing they located her on CCTV (recorded) and that's how they determined she'd fallen and exactly what time (hence they could give an exact location to the coastguard).

these are always good news stories these. She did well here considering she was just a passenger. People can fall off ships when they are crew members too. The best thing to do is just follow the ship in as steady a breast stroke as you can possibly manage. Sooner or later it is likely that the same ship you left will eventually spot you and pick you up, if you do that. They don't go all that fast.

these are always good news stories these. She did well here considering she was just a passenger. People can fall off ships when they are crew members too. The best thing to do is just follow the ship in as steady a breast stroke as you can possibly manage. Sooner or later it is likely that the same ship you left will eventually spot you and pick you up, if you do that. They don't go all that fast.

That's ok if you are Johnny Weismuller :)

I know it sounds kind of ridiculous, but it's true. Some Filipino crew member fell of a ship he was working on in the Caribbean earlier this year, I read about it in the Philippines press he was like this hero. He was in the water for much longer than this mere tourist, it was about 22 hours, or something. He just followed the ship and eventually they realised what had happened and turned back and picked him up. Beautiful story. They're always nice stories these, except when they drown.

She must be fit and a good swimmer to survive 10 hours in the water. I wonder how heigh these cruise ships are, they look big, the fall alone could cause damage.

One calm and lucky lady I would say.

lucky it was summer. But then if it wasn't summer, she wouldn't have been on the ship to fall off it in the first place.

Having been on 2 sister (Norwegian Cruise Line) ships and done the deck walk, I can’t fathom out how anyone could fall off any part of the ship.

---------- Post added 20-08-2018 at 23:16 ----------

20 knots/23 mph- “not that fast” to swim behind?

How on earth do you just fall off a ship? :confused::confused:

I'm placing bets on her being drunk as a skunk, but obviously she won't want to admit that because then she'll look even more stupid.

Some say she jumped after a row with her boyfriend, Captain called her " the jumper" by mistake.