Owls retained list.

ooh contract offer to George Hirst, wonder if hes learnt his lesson and gets on with learning his craft

Would like to see Venancio return.

Would like to see Venancio return.

I think they are just the ones out of contract Alan hence there being only a few names. Jos has said he wants to keep Venancio and I agree with you on that one.

ooh contract offer to George Hirst, wonder if hes learnt his lesson and gets on with learning his craft

He's under 24. They're obliged to make him an offer otherwise no compensation will be payable. He's had a contract offer for months.

I'd take Wallace down at the lane as a bit part player, if only for his passion.

Don't think there's any surprises in the retained list for you lot. But I am surprised to see it announced before the end of the season.

Been on table since the dawn of time unless it's a last ditch best and final offer, no compo if we didn't offer one. Rest are as expected, most we could do with losing are under contract unfortunately

Wallace as scored some cracking goals,but at The Owls played like a midfielder instead of a winger,and always looking for the ball,instead of staying wide,hope Jos can finally get some speed into The Owls type of play,and a winger to get crosses into the box

A couple of expected departures

Both Wallace and Loovens have done us well. We need refreshing and bodies have to be moved on.

There's probably more to follow and I just pray Luhukay's replacements are all top end Championship quality.

We're all a bit vague at the moment and will have to wait and see how Jos performs. He could well be a great surprise package.

He's under 24. They're obliged to make him an offer otherwise no compensation will be payable. He's had a contract offer for months.

Jim, if George Hirst is 23 and any good, shouldn't he be playing in somebody's first team like the Owls or perhaps Carlisle United or Leyton Orient ? (Sorry don't understand his contract rules.)

Jim, if George Hirst is 23 and any good, shouldn't he be playing in somebody's first team like the Owls or perhaps Carlisle United or Leyton Orient ? (Sorry don't understand his contract rules.)

He's 19 ish and the club apparently have tried to send him loan but there was a dispute about the loan fee between his dad, agent etc, I think thats what I heard but not sure

Edited by NERVY-OWL

He's 19 ish and the club apparently have tried to send him loan but there was a dispute about the loan fee between his dad, agent etc, I think thats what I heard but not sure

The whole Hurst saga stinks of greed with the club being held to ransom by people who should be ashamed of them selves.