Should I remove my Sky dish?

We had Virgin cable for a few years but the old Sky dish is still there. Should I remove it or is there a case for leaving it? We are letting the house out and I'd rather remove it if possible. But I am wondering if a tenant wants Freeview would they get it via Virgin or would they need a suitable aeriel on the roof or is the dish useful for this?

Dish can't be used for Freeview but it can be used for Freesat (although they would need to buy a Freesat box)

+1 to leaving it. The letters might prefer to get a Freesat box than subscribe to Sky or VM, especially if its less than a year or 18 months.

Keep it as a lot of TV's these-days now also come with Freesat as well so maybe no need for a Freesat box.

Thanks all. It's very clear advice: leave the ugly thing stuck on that wall!

Good move.

Having satellite was once seen as being posh and technically in front of the crowd.

Just pretend it's 1978 again :D

Sigh, I fondly remember the late 80s when Astra launched and Sky was a tiny little company with just a couple of free channels. But all the best stuff was on ARD-1 and RTL+ wink wink :-)

But all the best stuff was on ARD-1 and RTL+ wink wink :-)

I think whole Europe can agree on this:hihi:

We had Virgin cable for a few years but the old Sky dish is still there. Should I remove it or is there a case for leaving it? We are letting the house out and I'd rather remove it if possible. But I am wondering if a tenant wants Freeview would they get it via Virgin or would they need a suitable aeriel on the roof or is the dish useful for this?

One of my dreams is that one day the UK will have all its broadcasting delivered over the internet.

Could you imagine how much smarter our streets would look if we decommissioned all our satellite dishes and terrestrial antennas?