New owners for Owls?

Just been on R.S. that Meelan is in the late stages of negotiation to sell the club

Believe it when it happens :)

I texted Gazza and he said same Tim

Still need to see it completed before I believe it!

theres nothing anywhere els about it, looked on there "Wednesdays" web sight etc nothing, reported only on Radio Sheffield so we will have to wait and see,

Wont get excited until its a done deal, too many false hopes in the past.

Not much info on the alleged investor apart from the fact he bought into FC Lens last year (they got promoted).

Funny enough I was discussing this subject last night with three mates. We've been meeting for a drink on Monday nights for years.

All three are Owls but as amazing as it may be, their not bad lads really.

We all thought that although it's pretty obvious that Mandaric wants to offload, it is going to be difficult to sell in view of the ongoing case in Warrington.

Who knows how that will end?

Wednesday are not going to come out of it looking entirely blameless and then there may be financial repercussions.

Having been involved in both buying and selling businesses in the past I can confirm that 'due diligence' is a major factor.

No one wants to pay out serious money and then get hit with unknown future costs.

Unless MM is desperate, and is willing to take a loss in order to get out now I would be surprised at a sale going through now.

Having said which he's in his mid seventies and may just have decided he doesn't want the hassle anymore.

Funny enough I was discussing this subject last night with three mates. We've been meeting for a drink on Monday nights for years.

All three are Owls but as amazing as it may be, their not bad lads really.

We all thought that although it's pretty obvious that Mandaric wants to offload, it is going to be difficult to sell in view of the ongoing case in Warrington.

Who knows how that will end?

Wednesday are not going to come out of it looking entirely blameless and then there may be financial repercussions.

Having been involved in both buying and selling businesses in the past I can confirm that 'due diligence' is a major factor.

No one wants to pay out serious money and then get hit with unknown future costs.

Unless MM is desperate, and is willing to take a loss in order to get out now I would be surprised at a sale going through now.

Having said which he's in his mid seventies and may just have decided he doesn't want the hassle anymore.

Your (alleged) three mates are not very knowledgeable then as MM has stated from day 1 that he would sell once a suitable buyer comes along, who knows if this will be that buyer, its early days. We may wait until the transfer window has closed to announce it. :hihi:

Advanced stage talks with French business man RS just said.

Your (alleged) three mates are not very knowledgeable then as MM has stated from day 1 that he would sell once a suitable buyer comes along, who knows if this will be that buyer, its early days. We may wait until the transfer window has closed to announce it. :hihi:

Let's be fair, MM has now loyalty to the Owls. If someone comes along and offers him an amount that he feels is a good deal, he will sell.

The Owls future will be am after thought.

He is a salesman first.

The suitable buyer line is correct.... Suitable for MM

Where did I say that they weren't aware of Manderics plan you clown?

Everyone knows that, it's his MO throughout his career, he buys and sells sport 'franchises' for profit.

They were saying it would be difficult to sell now as Wednesday could wind up with a corporate manslaughter charge to answer.

Understand, dimwit?

I take exception to your inference that I'm a liar by the way, and can assure you that you wouldn't be so ready to say it to my face.

Believe it if it happens, only so many false dawns we can have though surely