The changing face of Chapeltown

To Kermit 103's point, it may be best for the corporate owned pubs to largely disappear and make way for freehold pubs that can survive. And the freehold pubs moving more towards a family customer, allowing for children and licensed accordingly, similar to the WC Clubs

Its another hairdressers!!:o:(

Luckily the old mobility shop in the train arches looks set to become a micro-pub. Chapeltown desperately needs some more funky offerings in the food/drink line. I'd even welcome a Costa to kick start the areas improvement.

I look forward to seeing the restaurant unit in the old pub getting let. Apart from pub grub and take-away's there is nowhere to eat.

"There is no where to eat"?....Wow...!

Do you actually realise...You have been Dead without realising it?!

"There is no where to eat"?....Wow...!

Do you actually realise...You have been Dead without realising it?!

:huh: Tell me of these restaurants?!:confused:

I have heard that the KFC (now closed) is to become a Costa.

That place was terrible anyway.

I see one of the new shops in the old Royal Oak is an e-cigarette/ Vaping shop. That three now at Chapeltown.

I see one of the new shops in the old Royal Oak is an e-cigarette/ Vaping shop. That three now at Chapeltown.

:rolleyes: Had hopes for that place but a hairdressers and vape shop....:rolleyes:

Still, the building looks a bit smarter than it did.

Still the restaurant bit to let then?

From exposed magazine

Stancill Brewery and BLG Property LTD have applied to turn the old HSBC building in Chapeltown into a restaurant and bar.

From exposed magazine

Stancill Brewery and BLG Property LTD have applied to turn the old HSBC building in Chapeltown into a restaurant and bar.

Planning permission has already been granted to turn the first. second and third floors of the building in to four flats. See HERE.

Planning permission for the bar and restaurant is still awaiting a decision.

See HERE.

Stancill seem to have done a very good job with the four pubs they run so far.

Costa have signs up in the old KFC windows...

The usual ney-sayers will slag them off but a chain coffee shop is a welcome addition in my opinion. At least its not another hair-dresser/salon

---------- Post added 27-08-2018 at 10:26 ----------

And I hear another vape shop is opening in that Katie gift/furniture shop that's closing down next to the snooker hall :roll:

A fourth vape shop is due to open soon in Chapeltown :rant:

Should this type of use be subject to stronger planning regulations (like book makers) given the addictive nature of their products?

Chapeltown's 'shopping' offer now largely consists of estate agents, vape shops and hair/beauty salons :confused:

4 in chapeltown - segvapour.co.uk the biggest and best by far