Computer cleaning services

Hiya,

my PC is 5 years old and getting very loud. Whilst I have blown dust out before, I think the fans and some other parts all need stripping down and cleaning, which I am reluctant to do myself.

Any good recommendations for people who would undertake this sort of job and see if I can get this PC running a bit quieter?

I am based in S10 so the more local the better.

Thanks

Edited by russ74
cant type

Hiya,

my PC is 5 years old and getting very loud. Whilst I have blown dust out before, I think the fans and some other parts all need stripping down and cleaning, which I am reluctant to do myself.

Any good recommendations for people who would undertake this sort of job and see if I can get this PC running a bit quieter?

I am based in S10 so the more local the better.

Thanks

Hi, I used E-Hallam on South Road, Walkley, near to Asda. They did the job for me, plus updating etc, and I was satisfied with their work.

How much quieter? and how much are you willing to spend?

There is so much methods you see:

Cleaning a PC is cheap.

Normal re-paste for the CPU and Under-volting the CPU and stress testing will cost a tad more (depending if your motherboard supports this).

Then theres:

Deliding your CPU and replacing the CPU IHS with a .925 silver IHS lid, and putting thermal grizzly liquid metal on the CPU die, Silver IHS lid and heatsink while having a protective barrier, and replacing the thermal pads for the GPU with AlphaCool 17W/mk thermal pads will cost a lot more than a standard procedure.

Or maybe go next level and have a fan-less heatsink riding a bareback CPU die (intel only) without the normal/silver IHS lid, with some quite Varder fans with rubber washers and internal sound insolation foam.

There is so many options you see.

It can cost you anywhere between £40 to £800.

If you only want to spend under a £100 then go to a local computer shop. If you want hi-tec then find a geek pal ;-)

I hope this helps.

Try Byte IT computers near West bar. Phone office 0113601122.mobile 07885227813. He is very helpful.

Look for Mozalan he is on this forum. Alan.

my PC is 5 years old and getting very loud

I am reluctant to do myself

I am based in S10 so the more local the better

Hi Russ, I'm only the other side of the valley in Shiregreen and I'm around this week. I could come round and we could do it together if you'd like?

I know letting a complete stranger into your house isn't the first thing you'd normally think off but I'm a digital champion for Age UK and have some official identification I could bring with me.

I have all the tools we'll need and can bring them with me.

Cheers

Will

Thanks for the recommendations - I tried calling both so far.

Core - very interesting stuff - I think it just needs a clean though so am looking for people's recommendations for good work previously undertaken

Hello MoZaLaN, (Gosh) All the help you gave me and the help you give to others on the forum is much appreciated. Thanks again, Alan.