Broadband router help

Here's the crux, my phone socket mains and broadband line are situated 12 metres from everywhere.

12 metres from my laptops in my office and 12 metres from the tv and sky box.

With my sky box i used a powerline plug and linked into the sky q box,which is meant to improve my wifi.

I operate my laptops by wifi and it has some niggles - so how can i optimise my router.

Is it conceivable to use two 12m rj45's to my two laptops for better broadband or will the improvement be insignificant.

Failing the easy option of plugging a cable in and it working does anyone set these things up for you?

My main two 9 year old desktop computers running Win-7 and Win-10_Insiders_preview are connected via 10 metre cables to a BT HH3 router with Infinity-1, download speed tests regularly indicate 50 Mbps.

The router is located in the attic.

My Panasonic TV on the ground floor connects via wireless without any issues:- BBC Iplayer functions fine.

There must be about 15 metres seperation through a couple of wooden floors.

you can do a quick and cheerful download speedtest on the following link:

https://fast.com/en/gb/

Move them?

You could try a signal booster. I got one for my son who was having trouble running his PS4 upstairs at the back of the house as the router is downstairs/front. They cost under £20.

Or connect another switch/router via a rj45 cable to give you better access and only using one long cable.

RJ45 cables can be as long as 100M, so running 2 cables would be your best option.

just run two cat 6 cables - as advised by sky only to find that the sky Q router only has two ethernet sockets. An extra one is now needed for the security camera feed.

bring back dial up and one desktop computer.

just run two cat 6 cables - as advised by sky only to find that the sky Q router only has two ethernet sockets. An extra one is now needed for the security camera feed.

bring back dial up and one desktop computer.

You don't need cat6, total overkill. Cat5e more than efficient, unless you have T1 Internet I suppose.

If you're out of ports just buy another network switch. You can add another 4 ports for around £10.