How do we solve the Blades problem?

Your getting a bit of indifferent form at the wrong time and Barnsley are having a late new manager syndrome flurry of activity just below you.

I got roundly slated on here a few months ago for suggesting the cup runs were an unwanted distraction to getting promoted, without you could perhaps have now been vying for the top two places, who knows.

Sheffield United are in League one because the Board can't or will not spend the money required on players. What does the club do with the gate money? If history is anything to go by Clough will be sacked and blamed for the failure to get promoted just like all the previous managers.

No manager can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Of course supporters attend the matches in the hope that things will get better but they will not. You're being had for fools.

Sheffield United are in League one because the Board can't or will not spend the money required on players. What does the club do with the gate money? If history is anything to go by Clough will be sacked and blamed for the failure to get promoted just like all the previous managers.

No manager can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Of course supporters attend the matches in the hope that things will get better but they will not. You're being had for fools.

They've spent loads on players. Ask their bank managers.

Mod Note

Ye gods! so many busted quotes, broken in so many ways, some people looked like they were arguing with themselves at times, indeed some of you may have been arguing with yourselves.

I've done my best to fix them but my brain is now dribbling out of my ears, so please accept my apologies if I missed any.

In future please be careful when quoting other users, you need an opening quote tag and a closing quote tag for it to work.

If you see any broken quotes in a post please use the report button and a moderator will come along and fix them eventually, we don't mind doing the odd few here and there but this thread was getting ridiculous.

If I see any threads this bad in future I will be strongly tempted to throw it in the bin and tell you to start again, regardless of thread length or topic.

Some great characters on this thread, been a nostalgic read, these were the days when the footie section was ace.

Some great characters on this thread, been a nostalgic read, these were the days when the footie section was ace.

Can't agree more,it was funny too and some good posters,sadly a lot now gone in different ways.