Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Well done to the BarcaBlades

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-10-2018, 14:08   #21
jjjker
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2018
Total Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert smith View Post
Barnsley
Eh?, Where are they in the league presently compared to other South Yorkshire teams.
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 15:46   #22
Marsaud
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Total Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert smith View Post
Barnsley
Geographically correct
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 16:17   #23
Ridgewalk
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Total Posts: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsaud View Post
Huddersfield?

The Blades are more likely to be in the Prem than HT next season. Bottom of the Prem or top of the Championship ?

---------- Post added 11-10-2018 at 16:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjker View Post
Eh?, Where are they in the league presently compared to other South Yorkshire teams.


Lowest placedof the five. Mind you, above Bradford City, York and Stocksbridge Park Steels
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 16:53   #24
Albert smith
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Total Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalk View Post
The Blades are more likely to be in the Prem than HT next season. Bottom of the Prem or top of the Championship ?

---------- Post added 11-10-2018 at 16:18 ----------





Lowest placedof the five. Mind you, above Bradford City, York and Stocksbridge Park Steels
Bramall Lane is near to the Stockbroker belt around Dore and North Derbyshire also Worksop so dun't qualify as proper Yorkshire unlike Wednesday , Rotherham and Barnsley who are all fully paid up members of the De Da club .
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 17:10   #25
Ridgewalk
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Total Posts: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert smith View Post
Bramall Lane is near to the Stockbroker belt around Dore and North Derbyshire also Worksop so dun't qualify as proper Yorkshire unlike Wednesday , Rotherham and Barnsley who are all fully paid up members of the De Da club .


We’re all posh us Blades fans
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 17:35   #26
jjjker
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2018
Total Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert smith View Post
Bramall Lane is near to the Stockbroker belt around Dore and North Derbyshire also Worksop so dun't qualify as proper Yorkshire unlike Wednesday , Rotherham and Barnsley who are all fully paid up members of the De Da club .
The clue is in the name "South" geographically number one as well.
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 20:15   #27
choogling
Registered User
choogling's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Sunny Stocksbridge
Total Posts: 3,663
Didn't realise I was posh, born within the roar range of the blades fans, is it the same as the bow bells to a cockney?
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 21:00   #28
Mister Gee
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Total Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by choogling View Post
Didn't realise I was posh, born within the roar range of the blades fans, is it the same as the bow bells to a cockney?
You're not. Do you remember the miners and their wives on John Street in 1984?
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 21:03   #29
Marsaud
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Total Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Gee View Post
You're not. Do you remember the miners and their wives on John Street in 1984?
You’d need to be on John Street most games, to hear the United “roar”.

Any further away and they’d be drowned out by the hum of conversation on the streets outside.
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 21:05   #30
choogling
Registered User
choogling's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Sunny Stocksbridge
Total Posts: 3,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Gee View Post
You're not. Do you remember the miners and their wives on John Street in 1984?
in 1984 I was living in stocksbridge
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 21:09   #31
Mister Gee
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Total Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by choogling View Post
in 1984 I was living in stocksbridge
Did that stop you from going to the Lane?

---------- Post added 11-10-2018 at 21:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsaud View Post
You’d need to be on John Street most games, to hear the United “roar”.

Any further away and they’d be drowned out by the hum of conversation on the streets outside.
Wednesday put a roof on the kop for the same reason.
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 21:19   #32
choogling
Registered User
choogling's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Sunny Stocksbridge
Total Posts: 3,663
[QUOTE=Mister Gee;11938219]Did that stop you from going to the Lane?[COLOR="Silver"]

no, but working to bring up a family certainly did, i am not and have never been what i would call a football fan, been to the odd game that's it .
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 21:22   #33
Marsaud
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Total Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Gee View Post

Wednesday put a roof on the kop for the same reason.
They put that roof on to make me watch the game, instead of the planes flying over.

They were bad days
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 21:27   #34
choogling
Registered User
choogling's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Sunny Stocksbridge
Total Posts: 3,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsaud View Post
They put that roof on to make me watch the game, instead of the planes flying over.

They were bad days
those planes were interesting and entertaining .
  Reply With Quote
11-10-2018, 21:32   #35
Mister Gee
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Total Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by choogling View Post
those planes were interesting and entertaining .
Standing on the east bank at Hillsborough prior to the roof?
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:42.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2018