Should we accept the BNP?

After what was a fair showing from Nick Griffin last night. I say fair because he was attacked from the off in a staged show designed to allow such attacks. He was contantly interrupted and the audience were nothing but hostile. Nick Griffin was obviously nervous and after the protests yesterday aswell as the blantant hostility i think he was bound to be nervous. What was more obvious was the nervousness of Jack Straw who turned into a bit of bumbling wreck.

It is clear that the BNP is a legitimate political party and now having been voted into the European Parliament, they have to be taken seriously as a policital party. Everybody is quick to write them off (as was seen last night) without actually allowing them a defence. This is against the fundamental principles of democracy.

The BNP aren't democratic you say? How do we know? We haven't given them a real chance to prove this one way or another. Don't confuse this with me saying they aren't racist, this is obvious and no one can doubt the racist undertones of their policies so for this reason they are undemocratic but in actually doing what the british people want we can't say this for sure. Labour have shown themselves to be undemocratic also by allowing Gordon Brown to take over from Tony Blair without a vote from the public. They also penalise the average person who works hard by taking their money off them and giving it to those who can't be bothered to work. Yet we do not scream and shout at Labour when they appear on Question Time.

The BNP gains notoriety through the types of action we witnessed yesterday both before during and after Question time and it can do nothing but aid their cause as more and more people witness the blatant attacks without allowing a defence.

There is widespread support already for them so is it time we accepted them as a genuine candidate for government?

Edited by decaff

Yes we should accept the BNP. They are elected so we have to.

Do i like it?

Not really but thems the breaks.

no

someone who denies the holocaust should be kicked to the curb

end of

Hes entitled to his opinion just like you or i.

Having an opinion on whether the Holocaust happened is like having an opinion on whether the sky is blue, or rain is wet.

Proven facts are not a matter of opinion.

They are already accepted by nearly 1 million people. They are registered as a political party with the Electoral Commission and they have publicly elected representation.

Having an opinion on whether the Holocaust happened is like having an opinion on whether the sky is blue, or rain is wet.

All the same hes still entitled to say what he thinks.

After what was a fair showing from Nick Griffin last night. I say fair because he was attacked from the off in a staged show designed to allow such attacks. He was contantly interrupted and the audience were nothing but hostile. Nick Griffin was obviously nervous and after the protests yesterday aswell as the blantant hostility i think he was bound to be nervous. What was more obvious was the nervousness of Jack Straw who turned into a bit of bumbling wreck.

It is clear that the BNP is a legitimate political party and now having been voted into the European Parliament, they have to be taken seriously as a policital party. Everybody is quick to write them off (as was seen last night) without actually allowing them a defence. This is against the fundamental principles of democracy.

The BNP aren't democratic you say? How do we know? We haven't given them a real chance to prove this one way or another. Don't confuse this with me saying they aren't racist, this is obvious and no one can doubt the racist undertones of their policies so for this reason they are undemocratic but in actually doing what the british people want we can't say this for sure. Labour have shown themselves to be undemocratic also by allowing Gordon Brown to take over from Tony Blair without a vote from the public. They also penalise the average person who works hard by taking their money off them and giving it to those who can't be bothered to work. Yet we do not scream and shout at Labour when they appear on Question Time.

The BNP gains notoriety through the types of action we witnessed yesterday

both before during and after Question time and it can do nothing but aid their cause. There is widespread support for them so is it time we accepted them as a genuine candidate for government?

Not unless you can find enough racist, fascist, bigoted, narrow minded buffoons who, if their brains were dynamite, would'nt have enough to blow their nose.

They would still be entitled to say the sky isn't blue or rain isn't wet, no matter how loony that is.

Its still his opinion,take that away and we lose freedom of speech,if he thinks the skys yellow thats his opinion,he's wrong but are we all wrong some time or other.

The BNP should be allowed,its the people who say they get in or not.

not when it denies the past

and interferes with the human rights of another bb

They would still be entitled to say the sky isn't blue or rain isn't wet, no matter how loony that is.

But they wouldn't be given credence as a politican, would they? In fact, they may not be allowed to say things that are palpably untrue - many people end up being sectioned for exactly that.