Am I just asking for too much to expect him to help with the chores?

Is there such a think???

Im in a relationship and we have a 5 year old daughter, we are not married but have been together for the last 7 years.

Is it too much to ask for him to help withth e housework ie put his washing in the wash basket, wash the pots, put washing machine on, hang washing out, bring washing in, fold washing ready to iron, iron washing, cook once in a while, hoover, tidy up after daughter, bath daughter, feed daughter, take daughter to school, dress daughter, play with daughter, spent some time with the family, put things away when you have used then wash sink down when had a shave, put a new toilet roll on when you have used it all, wash bath out when you have had one, make the bed, change the bedding, go out as a couple once in a while plus many more but I feel like im starting to rant x lol x

I dont want him to do all of these all of the time just some of them. Am I asking to much????

I feel like I have given up all the things I used to do and he still has the life he used to have eg season ticket, out with mates, xbox

Blimey. Serious talk time. Sounds like he needs to grow up, considerably. How old is he?

Well out of you list ironing is the only one I have missed, I had a go but was told not to bother if you get my drift :hihi:

Is there such a think???

Im in a relationship and we have a 5 year old daughter, we are not married but have been together for the last 7 years.

Is it too much to ask for him to help withth e housework ie put his washing in the wash basket, wash the pots, put washing machine on, hang washing out, bring washing in, fold washing ready to iron, iron washing, cook once in a while, hoover, tidy up after daughter, bath daughter, feed daughter, take daughter to school, dress daughter, play with daughter, spent some time with the family, put things away when you have used then wash sink down when had a shave, put a new toilet roll on when you have used it all, wash bath out when you have had one, make the bed, change the bedding, go out as a couple once in a while plus many more but I feel like im starting to rant x lol x

I dont want him to do all of these all of the time just some of them. Am I asking to much????

I feel like I have given up all the things I used to do and he still has the life he used to have eg season ticket, out with mates, xbox

Yes it is. That is womens work. BUT....he should spend lots of time with his daughter!...he is wrong there!

if you treat him like a kid why are you surprised when he acts like one? men need to be kept on a short leash or we take advantage

Is there such a think???

if you've never trained him to do any of these things in 7 years - why do you just expect him to do these things now?

Is there such a think???

it sounds like your trying to take advantage of him, your asking way too much, its a man world, & women should do all house chores, how many chauvanists does it take to wash the pots? none its a womans job:rolleyes:

if you've never trained him to do any of these things in 7 years - why do you just expect him to do these things now?

He shouldn't need to be trained though, should he? Just him randomly helping out without being asked would be useful. The poor lady can't do everything herself!

Why does he need to be trained? if he can't see when his partner needs help, or his child needs attention then its sad, he has a child...he is not the child.

Is there such a think???

Apart from the season ticket/Xbox bit, i could start an identical thread to this, except in my case, instead of the 'his', 'he's and 'him's' it would be her's and she's. :rolleyes:

Is there such a think???

Fully sympathise. Does he work full time though?

My bold - little bit of advice, you need to keep your own interests and your own circle of friends alive, and I mean real ones, not in the online world.