Home brew wine and beer

ive started brewing my own wine, there doesnt seem to be many people brewing these days is there anyone out there that does?

ive started brewing my own wine, there doesnt seem to be many people brewing these days is there anyone out there that does?

I do. Much cheaper than the supermarket. If you are brewing wine, the £70 kits look expensive but well worth it!

Hi

ive been brewining wine(kits) and beer(grain) for a good few years (40) any help i can give,please ask

thanks all , ive just started brewing, i like to keep it simple, straight from the raw ingredients, all i add is juice,sugar and yeast, no additives or anything, ive brewed some elderberry and some carrot wine up to now, they taste lovely ive got some ginger wine, blackberry wine, nettle wine and plum wine all fermenting at the mo, cant wait till there ready, makes a good walk as well going out and collecting things, makes it worthwhile when you open a bottle and taste it, trouble is theres not many places that sell the equipment nowadays, only place ive found is wilkos, does anyone know anywhere else?

We've been home brewing for a few years now, both using kits and using fruits from recipes in books, some of our early attempts were pretty dire but the stuff we make now is very nice (although I guess I could be just getting used to it).

It is a good hobby, but you'll have some failures along the way but don't let it put you off, the shop we buy from we usually buy a small 6 bottle kit as a trial and if we like it we then get the big 30 bottle kit.

I've also got a reflux still in the garage for persoal use:hihi::hihi:

thanks all , ive just started brewing, i like to keep it simple, straight from the raw ingredients, all i add is juice,sugar and yeast, no additives or anything, ive brewed some elderberry and some carrot wine up to now, they taste lovely ive got some ginger wine, blackberry wine, nettle wine and plum wine all fermenting at the mo, cant wait till there ready, makes a good walk as well going out and collecting things, makes it worthwhile when you open a bottle and taste it, trouble is theres not many places that sell the equipment nowadays, only place ive found is wilkos, does anyone know anywhere else?

There a place on the corner of Abbey Lane S8, on the corner at the end that's near Peter Brooks Honda and Lloyds TSB, near Morrisons in meersbrook is it??? There somewhere at hillsborough, can't think of the name of it. Not been there though. I go to one in Doncaster. brewgenie.co.uk is good online and they are very friendly.

HI rich

The one i use is, brewmart on Abbey Lane sheffield, but i buy my malt and hops wholesale, there are home brew shops in all towns and citys, try google for your nearest one, i think they all charge round about the same give and take a bit

the brewmart at hillsborough has closed the only one left is on Abbey Lane

Edited by kidley
update

I have been brewing for at least 10 years. Brewmart is a superb local supplier for all you need, they have branches at hillsborough corner and woodseats.

I have used their kits to make beer, lager, wine, cider, stout and lots of other styles. There is so much choice and it is so easy.

im only doing it small scale 1 gallon at a time, can only get 4 gallon in airing cupboard at once, the 2 ive made up to now have been brill, i try to make them really strong lol im alky lol, so they have been sweet what with the extra sugar,in the airing cupboard they blow there brains out for abour 9 days then stop they go from OG1170 to 1040, cant seem to get them down to about 1010 dont know why

im only doing it small scale 1 gallon at a time, can only get 4 gallon in airing cupboard at once, the 2 ive made up to now have been brill, i try to make them really strong lol im alky lol, so they have been sweet what with the extra sugar,in the airing cupboard they blow there brains out for abour 9 days then stop they go from OG1170 to 1040, cant seem to get them down to about 1010 dont know why

What sugar are you using, and what yeast?