Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Ok, hot debate time, what and where is the best chippy in Sheffield, chips have to be cooked in dripping or lard and they have to sell big white bread cakes covered in flour.

I think the best is Johns in Stocksbridge.

Guest Guest

best ones are where they cook there chips in vegetable oil

The best by far is Seafresh, at Handsworth :-) Yummy!

Best is in Padstow cornwall...but you said sheffield :(

erm, any of the admirals are good :)

Woodseats Fisheries.........best chippy round here, do's so well it closes early every day ! Leaves the evening trade to all the other local kebab, pizza, Indian, Chinese, chip shops.

Tip for all you Sheffield travellers- Don't ask for a fishcake in Chesterfield and expect a Sheffield fishcake (fish sandwiched between two slices of potatoe, then batered) as you'll get a Ross type thing (mashed tater, parsley with a fishy taste) But if you ask for a fish fritter you'll get the real Sheffield thing. In Nottingham you'll get Rossy thing whatever you ask for!

Couldn't take the pace so came back here to find local chippy shut and real shortage of fishcakes with no delivery facility!

Fishcakes ain't like our Fishcakes anywhere else, anyone know otherwise ?

Mind you some of the fish(or lack of) in our fishcakes, leaves a lot to be desired !

The best Chippy? The Baracuda on City Road. No question. My tubby gut is at least 50% the fault of their chips and battered sausage!!

Mmmmmm......chips and sausage. Dammit, why are there no Fish and Chip shops in Calgary??? :x

Tony's at Mosborough is the best round this neck of the wood.

Originally posted by "cellarboy"

The best Chippy? The Baracuda on City Road. No question. My tubby gut is at least 50% the fault of their chips and battered sausage!!

Mmmmmm......chips and sausage. Dammit, why are there no Fish and Chip shops in Calgary??? :x

i think your closest F&C shop is in Epcot....Florida! :D (bit too far to travel me thinks ;))

Best by far (the acid test is after you've eaten them - did they live up to your taste expectations?) are at the Chip Shop bang opposite the PunchBowl pub at Crookes. Cheap, massive white fish and tasty well cooked chips. Good batter and he never disappoints.

Guest look

i go to darnall fisheries sometimes, nice, but the area is ****e, gettin a bag of chips may cost ya more than u expect if u know wot i mean.