Dear Forum..Partner Health Issues

My partner of over 20 years has recently been diagnosed with a vaginal prolapse, this has had a devastating effect on her, my issue is this.

She is a bit of a "comfort eater" but has been told to lose weight for the operation, a full hysterectomy, but she is finding it so hard to diet since, she used to love the gym etc .I am doing everything I can to support her but she is in such a dark place our relationship is even in jeopardy, She has been advised not to exercise hard etc.

She feels very "un woman like" if that makes sense, our love life has taken a massive dip, which is/was a massive part of our relationship, (I'm not pressuring her at all in this respect)

I try to cook for her, offered to get her a personal trainer etc but she is so low I'm now at a loss as to what to do and may end up losing the woman I love through no fault of my own, are there any support groups or anyone I can put her in touch with to try and lift her from the place she is in?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Start with the GP, if she'll go, it sounds like she could be suffering from depression and the GP can refer her to support and/or offer medication.

I just hope the hospital arn't using her weight as an excuse not to do the operation because of financial restraints, but it does make me wonder. I hope it gets sorted and I think your next step would be to do as Cyclone suggests and get back on to the doctor.