Why do men shave?

Beards are more common again, after decades of being clean shaven considered normal.

I have had a beard a couple of years now, no intentions of shaving it off. I assume that more men are clean shaven than beards, is this different in other countries?

Did something spark this trend in more people having beards?

I think the 'hipster' trend started this beard thing off.

Some men do suit beards, particularly middle aged or older men. I don't. I'm fair skinned and if I did grow a beard, it would be light brown with bits of grey in, covering fair skin. Not a good look!

I shave, about twice a week, because I don't like the scratchy feeling a beard leaves me feeling.

The Clue is in the the Term, Clean Shaven. Its more hygenic been Clean shaven. My god Ive seen blokes having Breakfast in Cafe's and walking out with bits of egg and tomatoes hanging from em. I don't have a Beard because Im not hiding my GOOD LOOKS. :love::gag:

Edited by PRESLEY

The Clue is in the the Term, Clean Shaven. Its more hygenic been Clean shaven. My god Ive seen blokes having Breakfast in Cafe's and walking out with bits of egg and tomatoes hanging from em. I don't have a Beard because Im not hiding my GOOD LOOKS. :love::gag:

The term clean shaven has got nothing to do with hygiene. It doesn't mean clean in that sense.

Cos my missus wouldnt kiss me at all with a tache or beard :P

The term clean shaven has got nothing to do with hygiene. It doesn't mean clean in that sense.

Enlighten us all . What does CLEAN Shaven mean.:huh:

The only disadvantage of being male is shaving, I have always disliked doing it and leave it as often as possible.I have had beards in the past but now I look like santa with one.

Enlighten us all . What does CLEAN Shaven mean.:huh:

Clean shaven means what you think it means (without a beard or stubble). I didn't claim otherwise.

What I said was that the 'clean' in clean shaven has got nothing to do with hygiene.

The word clean has a number of different meanings. A clean sheet of paper is a piece of paper with nothing written on it. It doesn't mean that it is a hygienic piece of paper. Clean shaven is using clean in this way.

Clean shaven means what you think it means (without a beard or stubble). I didn't claim otherwise.

What I said was that the 'clean' in clean shaven has got nothing to do with hygiene.

The word clean has a number of different meanings. A clean sheet of paper is a piece of paper with nothing written on it. It doesn't mean that it is a hygienic piece of paper. Clean shaven is using clean in this way.

Well not shaving is just lazyness and looks scruffy and puts years on a person. Washing and shaving spells hygene to me. Just my own personal opinion sorry if it offends some. :roll:

Well not shaving is just lazyness and looks scruffy and puts years on a person. Washing and shaving spells hygene to me. Just my own personal opinion sorry if it offends some. :roll:

I don't think you've offended anyone?

My god Ive seen blokes having Breakfast in Cafe's and walking out with bits of egg and tomatoes hanging from em.

I liquidise all my meals first

I liquidise all my meals first

Thats ok your Bib will come in useful. :hihi: