Child Genital Mutilation

FGM had been illegal in the UK since Thatcher was PM, but not a single prosecution has succeeded while tens of thousands of British girls have gone through it.

Iceland is looking at banning male circumcision. Goodness knows how many British boys have been mutilated.

It's amazing that our government can't get to grip with eliminating these "cultural" barbaric stone age rituals.

We have plenty of laws,probably too many,but then lack the resources to police and implement them.

It’s a sad state of affairs.

On the topic of Female Genital mutilation, does this not usually happen abroad rather than in this country?

I remember this issue being discussed on the radio years ago when I lived in London where it first raised its ugly head. The presenter said the police had been told to take a softly softly approach because it was a faith crime. This is what happens when you have spineless politicians who are too afraid of offending Muslims to prevent them from dragging us back into the dark ages.

This is what happens when you have spineless politicians who are too afraid of offending Muslims to prevent them from dragging us back into the dark ages.

so what do you suggest we do then ?

Bomb Iraq again ?

That'll show them Muslims we're not afraid of them, right ?

I remember this issue being discussed on the radio years ago when I lived in London where it first raised its ugly head. The presenter said the police had been told to take a softly softly approach because it was a faith crime. This is what happens when you have spineless politicians who are too afraid of offending Muslims to prevent them from dragging us back into the dark ages.

And other faiths that mutilate a child's genitalia for reasons other than medical...

And other faiths that mutilate a child's genitalia for reasons other than medical...

I don't think despritdan is intelligent enough to understand that it affects faiths and cultures other than Muslims.

Let's just focus on bashing the Muslims for now, since despritdan struggles enough with that.

I don't think despritdan is intelligent enough to understand that it affects faiths and cultures other than Muslims.

Let's just focus on bashing the Muslims for now, since despritdan struggles enough with that.

I think backwards Christians do it too. I read the other day a father got off after his daughter was mutilated.

To the best of my knowledge there have been no convictions, that's zero convictions for anyone performing female genital mutilation in this country. Politicians, police and all involved - this isn't new so they're all culpable- should be ashamed of themselves.

While I'm off a long run up, I'd jail parents for 5 years if British children had had it done here or abroad. Short trail - banged up, done.

Edited by tinfoilhat

The reason their are no convictions is because the non British surgeons are hushing it up. There is no reason for any circumcision other than religion. Appalling child abuse in 21st century Britain.

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 00:19 ----------

So you agree with fgm

There is no reason for any circumcision other than religion.

"any"?

Now, that simply is not true.

Medical circumstances do arise that necessitate circumcision as a treatment.

The reason their are no convictions is because the non British surgeons are hushing it up. There is no reason for any circumcision other than religion. Appalling child abuse in 21st century Britain.

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 00:19 ----------

So you agree with fgm

Can you do me a big favour please? One that will benefit the rest of society?

Turn off your computer and use a pair of scissors to cut your internet connection.

Many thanks