Grey Skies, Nothing But Grey Skies..

Goes the old song, but these days it seems literal:why are we having so much heavy dark cloud, it was the same last year, just look out of the window, then Sun is there but can't shine through, its Gloomsville. Of course there was the old Hymn, 'In the Bleak Mid Winter,' giving indications of what it was like, but I am sure it wasn't as bad as this a few years ago, even it is Winter, much more Winter Sun than now.

Edited by gamezone07

Apparently back in the days of old there only two seasons; summer and winter. Hence Christmas was in the bleak *mid* winter in late December.

I think we sometimes confuse the lengthening days in February with thoughts that it should be getting warmer and Spring like. February though is normally the coldest month of the year. We sometimes have some spring like weather in February but really it's more normal/usual to have cloudy skies and cold.

Goes the old song, but these days it seems literal:why are we having so much heavy dark cloud, it was the same last year, just look out of the window, then Sun is there but can't shine through, its Gloomsville. Of course there was the old Hymn, 'In the Bleak Mid Winter,' giving indications of what it was like, but I am sure it wasn't as bad as this a few years ago, even it is Winter, much more Winter Sun than now.

The old song you refer to was called Blue Skies, Nothing But Blue Skies....

Sorry to spoil your gloom:cool: By the way,you're only playing at Winter over yonder.:hihi:

The old song you refer to was called Blue Skies, Nothing But Blue Skies....

Sorry to spoil your gloom:cool: By the way,you're only playing at Winter over yonder.:hihi:

Yes, but you get rewarded in the summer, blue skies and temps in the 30s.

Us over yonder carry on with the cloud, rain, and gloom.

It is grim isn't it? Seems to be endlessly pants weather at the moment. Really hoping for an epic summer as compensation!

It is grim isn't it? Seems to be endlessly pants weather at the moment. Really hoping for an epic summer as compensation![/QUOTE]

You brighten my day up Katey.

That bloody Brexit has a lot to answer for. :D:D:D:D

Angel1.

It is grim isn't it? Seems to be endlessly pants weather at the moment. Really hoping for an epic summer as compensation!

You brighten my day up Katey.

Thank you Padders! After the bashing I appear to have had in the Tom Daley thread from people who know nothing more about me than my sexuality this is appreciated! Hugs to you!

---------- Post added 19-02-2018 at 11:25 ----------

That bloody Brexit has a lot to answer for. :D:D:D:D

Angel1.

LOL! :hihi::hihi: It's your fault isn't it?

It's been sunny all day hasn't it?

And it is winter...

One thing is certain, cloud is cloud and gloom is a human emotion, they should not be in any way connected. I doubt anyone here really finds winter that bleak any more, what with central heating and globalisation. Cheer up the human race never had it so good.

Apart from Vivaldi and Nigel Kennedy (OK, and Frankie Valli), whoever decided that there should be four seasons, anyway?