Am I just asking for too much to expect him to help with the chores?

Rubys point was that by doing housework you don’t ‘help’. It is not ‘helping’ its just doing. 'Helping' implies its someone elses job, when we're all people. If you poo in a toilet, you should clean the toilet, if you use a plate, you should clean the plate, if you wear clothes, you should wash the clothes.

Unless of course there is an unwritten agreement that when there's a power tool needed then it's his job.

We've done a lot of DIY over our first 8 years in our home, I can't remember anyone but me being up a ladder with a power drill or ripping plaster off walls and looking like I've been down a coalmine.

I've found a compromise recently anyway, I pay for the cleaner.

Unless of course there is an unwritten agreement that when there's a power tool needed then it's his job.

We've done a lot of DIY over our first 8 years in our home, I can't remember anyone but me being up a ladder with a power drill or ripping plaster off walls and looking like I've been down a coalmine.

What you're saying is that when there's power tool involved, she's then 'helping' you? I did use to 'help' but it was known as labouring to him :D

I'd use a cold chisel and hammer to take plaster off a wall, though, not a power drill ... oh sorry, misread it ... *blush*

I don't recall Timo on here - perhaps you've all mellowed these days anyway:)
Me? Mellowed? Never! How very dare you!! :D

I always thought that Lord C and timo were the same person. Either that or they were thought twins. :) They shared an almost identical posting style.

eta: whatever it was, they were both totally vile towards me. :(

Edited by rubydazzler

Me? Mellowed? Never! How very dare you!! :D

I always thought that Lord C and timo were the same person. Either that or they were thought twins. :) They shared an almost identical posting style.

eta: whatever it was, they were both totally vile towards me. :(

I'm sure you put them in their place. Did you ever see the episode of Cheers where Carla and Hill had a screaming match and it ended soooo passionately - you can have Timo:hihi:;);)

I'm sure you put them in their place. Did you ever see the episode of Cheers where Carla and Hill had a screaming match and it ended soooo passionately - you can have Timo:hihi:;);)
You do me too much honour, cresside. I'm far too sensitive for the world of horridity a la Lord Chav/timo. It's almost impossible to pierce the skin of a rhinocerous.

Added to which, even leaving aside his penchant for massage parlours and the Orient, we were always given to understand that there was a mrs timo in the background. :D