Pieminister opening in Sheffield

Just reading about a new pie restaurant opening, Pieminister is opening on Division Street in the unit formerly occupied by the Nosh café.

The menu will give a choice of more than 12 different gourmet pies, sounds like it could be worth giving a try. Although it doesn't say if they will have Hendersons relish to accompany the pies, I would have thought that in Sheffield they will have Hendersons.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/out-and-about/work-begins-on-pie-restaurant-in-sheffield-city-centre-1-8994170

Hmmm!

Was in a Pieminister pub in Thame, Oxon, this week.

Pies looked good.

But I'd already dined on (a kebab) before I entered.

I used to buy their boxed pies from the supermarket - very good.

B.Y.O. Bring your own hendersons

Lol, it says "gourmet pies" no Desperate Dan cow pies on display. Try throwing hendos on a chicken, mushroom and broccoli entree, or a seafood delight :D

Just reading about a new pie restaurant opening, Pieminister is opening on Division Street in the unit formerly occupied by the Nosh café.

The menu will give a choice of more than 12 different gourmet pies, sounds like it could be worth giving a try. Although it doesn't say if they will have Hendersons relish to accompany the pies, I would have thought that in Sheffield they will have Hendersons.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/out-and-about/work-begins-on-pie-restaurant-in-sheffield-city-centre-1-8994170

Well if they sell them at Harrod's then they can't be bad, (probably sans Hendo's tho.) Wonder if Her Maj. has them ?

Well if they sell them at Harrod's then they can't be bad, (probably sans Hendo's tho.) Wonder if Her Maj. has them ?

Yeah, the Royal crest and 'by appointment' stamped on the crust lol.

Yeah, the Royal crest and 'by appointment' stamped on the crust lol.

Can just imagine HM shouting 'Where's the Hendo's !.. oh thank you Philip, and where is Sheffield, is it near Rotherham ?

Edited by stpetre
add

Can just imagine HM shouting 'Where's the Hendo's !.. oh thank you Philip, and where is Sheffield, is it near Rotherham ?

That is an irony for me as the only time I have seen the Queen was in Rotherham, not that long after the coronation. As a nipper my mum and I were in a crowd outside the Dusty Miller pub facing the Baths Hall just coming into the town centre on Sheffield Road, when her motorcade came by, can't remember if I had a flag though lol

That is an irony for me as the only time I have seen the Queen was in Rotherham, not that long after the coronation. As a nipper my mum and I were in a crowd outside the Dusty Miller pub facing the Baths Hall just coming into the town centre on Sheffield Road, when her motorcade came by, can't remember if I had a flag though lol

I saw the same event in late 1954- I was on Upwell Street, Grimesthorpe- after HM had left visiting English Steel on Brightside Lane. She was on her way to some goings on at the Owl's ground, probably not a football match tho'.

Her Majesty is very fond of a Chicken Balti pie apparently. Not many folks know that, but I have access to some reliable sauces. She tends to make her own though, so I've heard, and she borrows Prince Phillip's false teeth to put a nice crimped edge on the pastry.