Beer Feast 2018

I'm guessing this is an attempt to capitalise on / fill a gap in the schedule created by the loss of SIBA BeerX. only on a much smaller scale. And with (potentially) better beer. Although those breweries so far announced are fairly predictable, and easily obtainable elsewhere in Sheffield (with the possible exception of Mad Hatter) so, like Dave, I am not massively convinced on the latter point.

Though I will give it a go, as it's not massively expensive (compared to Dark City in Leeds which Dave mentioned) and always worth supporting something new. If it's cr@p I simply won't do it again.

Sadly, the attitude of many regarding things like this is endemic of Sheffield and the reason there rarely is anything inventive here. For the record Dark City in Leeds sold out and was a repeat event of an earlier festival (Hop City) 6 months previously, which also sold out. So it seems people in other places will get behind things that people try. Strange that, innit?

Edited by DnAuK

Entrance fees is an interesting and sometimes contentious issue... It's not a new one, CAMRA festivals have charged entrance for decades. Pubs don't because, well, they're there anyway, a festival is just a sales boost. Non-pub fests have venue hire etc to pay. (also, some pub fests have a stealth fee by making you buy a glass to access festival bar). Many festivals have limited capacity so tickets are the only sensible way to manage this. Generally the fee helps to encourage people to stay longer to 'get their money's worth', and therefore buy more beer. I've never minded the odd few quid fee... At the other end of the scale earlier this year I paid 50 quid to get into a festival - but that included all your beer, I'm confident I drank my money's worth (based on realistic bar prices, not the notional 3 quid a pint some people insist is all any beer is worth!). The Northern Monk seemed expensive to me just to get in, but clearly plenty felt otherwise. As for this one... I'd want to see a full brewery list at least, if not a beer list, before committing my pennies

I`ve said I`ll help out if I have some spare time that weekend so we`ll see. Jules is great at organising these sorts of things. I suspect it`ll be a nice event.