"Crown & Glove" Stannington,change of Landlords.

Just heard that the Crown & Glove at Stannington (Top 'Ouse) is to change landlords in a few months time.

Lets hope it can be brought back to its once former glory as the best pub in Stannington if this is true!

Not been in since the 1980s, Peacock is a restaurant, Deer Stalker, Turbull and Robin Hood all closed, Sportsman on it way out, only place left is Rose and Crown

Not been in since the 1980s, Peacock is a restaurant, Deer Stalker, Turbull and Robin Hood all closed, Sportsman on it way out, only place left is Rose and Crown
Yep! agreed,.......Minnies was a dump when I was a kid but probably the best now.The Crown & Glove and the Hare & hounds were the top two many years ago.

Reckon the Sportsman could become a Tesco before too long and if Enterprise have run out of victims for the Top 'ouse, it could become future housing........I think that's what they are hoping for!

Did the hare and Hounds close down?

When did Robin Hood close? I always wondered how people found there way down there.

That idea of Sprtsman becoming a Tesco is a good spot. Good situation and right size.

Its supermarket drinking imo thats killed a lot of pubs off.

Did the hare and Hounds close down?

When did Robin Hood close? I always wondered how people found there way down there.

That idea of Sprtsman becoming a Tesco is a good spot. Good situation and right size.

Its supermarket drinking imo thats killed a lot of pubs off.

The Hare and Hounds is closed and is fast becoming derelict.The Robin Hood closed for housing development about 2/3years ago.

The Sportsman is living on borrowed time and could become housing or a supermarket (just my opinion).

It is a real shame isn't it, we used to go on 'a night' out around Stan' when I lived up that way. I'm sure there will be a point in the future when we look back on this era as one when we let another unique and once vital aspect of British culture just slip through our fingers, either through either greed, mismanagement, short termism or lack of national self esteem. Oh well!

Go in all the time the landlord at the mo is fine and will be sad to see them go !