Legalise cannabis oil?

Cannabis oil row: Boy has epilepsy medication returned. Billy Caldwell, 12, received the oil after doctors made clear it was a "medical emergency".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44507135

Is this the first step towards changing our prehistoric drugs laws?

Canabis is legal in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Isreal, Italy, Mexico, Norway, Spain and Uruguay.

Cannabis oil row: Boy has epilepsy medication returned. Billy Caldwell, 12, received the oil after doctors made clear it was a "medical emergency".

Canabis is legal in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Isreal, Italy, Mexico, Norway, Spain and Uruguay.

Get shut of our prehistoric governments first. then we might get somewhere.

Not sure about legalising drugs but this Cannabis Oil issue needs serious consideration . I know someone who was diagnosed with terminal cancer over three years ago , after eighteen months , in desperation he started using cannabis oil (in secret) and his health improved greatly

It is most unfortunate that those who would use cannabis for "recreation" latch on to the misfortune of others.

If there is a case to be made for making cannabis legal for "recreational use" then make it on that basis, not on the sympathy we have for the predicament of others.

No this is the UK and those in charge have already show in the past that they will not tolerate its use despite advice from experts.

Now what are you classing cannabis use as.. recreational or medicinal?

In nearly all the countries above for recreational use it is still classed as illegal but decriminalised for small amounts so not a criminal offence, but for medicinal use it is legal.

The UK are the main producers and exporters of cannabis based medicines and it is big business. Theresa May’s husbands Philip’s Capital Group is the largest investor in GW Pharmaceuticals. GW chairman Geoffrey Guy is a Tory donor and drugs minister Victoria Atkins is married to Paul Kenward, boss of British Sugar, another medical cannabis supplier. I think that says a lot!

No this is the UK and those in charge have already show in the past that they will not tolerate its use despite advice from experts.

Now what are you classing cannabis use as.. recreational or medicinal?

In nearly all the countries above for recreational use it is still classed as illegal but decriminalised for small amounts so not a criminal offence, but for medicinal use it is legal.

The UK are the main producers and exporters of cannabis based medicines and it is big business. Theresa May’s husbands Philip’s Capital Group is the largest investor in GW Pharmaceuticals. GW chairman Geoffrey Guy is a Tory donor and drugs minister Victoria Atkins is married to Paul Kenward, boss of British Sugar, another medical cannabis supplier. I think that says a lot!

Apelike , sorry to sound dim but I don't understand your point . You are saying medicinal cannabis is big business and we are main exporters of it . So if it is big business , why not allow medicinal cannabis oil here ? Please don't attack it is an honest question

There is a difference between cannabis oil and recreational cannabis.

Legalise all drugs

People would bore of them and would eliminate the black market and massively reduce crime

Sorted

Legalise all drugs

People would bore of them and would eliminate the black market and massively reduce crime

Sorted

I totally agree, however how would the uniformed social workers spend their time with no 15 year old kids to arrest?

Personal attacks have been removed. Any further will result in suspensions.

The ONLY people who harp on about legalising drugs, are drug users.

Those of us who dont use. dont give a damn.

find a legal hobby!

You're about as wrong as you could possibly be.

My drugs of choice are alcohol, primarily on a friday night in the form of beer, and caffeine, every day, in the form of coffee.

It's quite clear though that cannabis should be legalised, and probably the vast majority of other drugs should be partially legalised. This would reduce the harm to individuals and society, reduce the cost of the ineffective 'war on drugs' and generally is the smartest and most effective policy to follow.

As a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer I suspect that cannabis oil would ease my pain. However the mere mention of the word ‘cannabis’ sends fear and trepidation throughout the establishment. :rolleyes: