Northern General TV

Does anybody know if those individual TV systems (over each hospital bed) are still operating anywhere on the wards in Northern General Hospital?

I've been in 3 wards which used to have them, but they've been taken out. Is that now the case in all the wards?

I ask because there's now no TV at all in the wards I've been on (visiting) and no TV day rooms anymore.

And the World Cup is on....

I believe they were completely removed when the contract ended as there were so many complaints about the price So they removed at the end of contract and useage dropped due to people having a using smart phones. Unfortunately there is no spare cash to provide TV s.

We can afford to provide TVs to prisoners for £1 a week so why not for hospital patients?

The NGH provides free wifi.

The NHS's priority has to be health care. There is no spare cash to entertain the patients sadly.

Edited by Daven

The NGH provides free wifi.

The NHS's priority has to be health care. There is no spare cash to entertain the patients sadly.

My Bold

There is in other hospitals, and partly free at that

try getting a good enough signal on your phone to watch anything in northern

[/b]

My Bold

There is in other hospitals, and partly free at that

Totally free in Weston park hospital.

Considering a lot of people in hospital are elderly, wifi and iphone connections are no earthly use at all. Once again, along with bank closures and post office closures and a good many other things, old people it seems are not worthy of consideration.

Televisions and hospital radio often used to be provided by charitable organisations and fund raisers, so what happened?

As for 'entertainment' isn't keeping people's spirits up and their minds' off things, going to help aid their recovery?

They were all there in October when I was visiting everyday, I wonder if it is just certain wards like

short stay wards.

The ward I was in(very recently)still had the pay TV. The lady who came round cleaning them explained that they were free to use before midday. After midday you had to pay. That ward was Huntsman 4 NGH.

I believe the TV system is a contract which the trust signed for a long term deal quite a number of years ago, however nowadays it isn't such a good deal and they are waiting for it to lapse so they can provide better facilities at a much better price for the patients.

It is probably too expensive to buy the contract out and finish it early.

In the intensive care areas there are individual radios and TVs that the nursing staff can provide for the patients. I think it is just the general wards where patients can stay for a few days where the TV system is provided.

I've just come out of northern,had 12 days, one on firth ward where therre are individual TVs..at a cost of £23 for 3 days...got moved to Hatfield no individual TVs just one in day room..in January I was in chesterman ward they still have bedside TVs too...