Named driver for a car

Hi. I have been put on to a car insurance as a named driver but on the policy it has all the correct details except my name it has the same name as the policy holder and not mine. Am I allowed to drive the car as I thought the name being shown on my license has to be the same on the policy

You need your name on the insurance policy otherwise its6 points and £200 fine there and then if you get pulled and car is seized as well with high release fees

Edited by rudds1

If your name is not listed correctly on the policy I don't think you would be legal to drive. Even if it's just a typo on the part of the insurance company, if you were ever pulled over I wouldn't fancy your chances of being believed.

No you are not insured, but a simple phone call will sort it. They will then send out the amended documents, or make them available to the policy holder to download and print.