Searching for an old friend, Wendy Barford

Wendy is my cousin. Lost touch with her when I moved to rhe States in 1967. Had been in touch with people on this site who believ she died. Habe not been able to confirm this.

I know it's a terrible longshot - your post is almost 8 years old now - but I think we're talking about the same person. I worked at the CO-OP too - and met Wendy around 1963/4 - at the time she was living in a flat on Grange Crescent Road - off the top of Cemetery Road. Quite tall and elegant, very pretty, quite reserved and well-spoken - relatives in Liverpool. I often wonder what happened to her.

Hi B1ingo,

Yes you have the right person. I used to go to her flat on Grange Crescent often. She was my best friend around that time before life sent us in different directions. I would love to find her but I fear that she did indeed pass away about 17 years ago. Unless you know different?????

If you worked at the Co-op at that time then I must know you as I worked with Wendy in window dressing.

Grannypat

Hi B1ingo,

Yes you have the right person. I used to go to her flat on Grange Crescent often. She was my best friend around that time before life sent us in different directions. I would love to find her but I fear that she did indeed pass away about 17 years ago. Unless you know different?????

If you worked at the Co-op at that time then I must know you as I worked with Wendy in window dressing.

Grannypat

Hi Grannypat - I think I do know you - I worked part-time ( Saturdays) - on gent's outfitting (Shirts mostly)Tall, handsome (Lol) light hair and a beard. Do you know any more about her death?

Hi B1ingo,

I'm sorry but I don't. I did write to an address which I found and assumed to be that of her husband but he didn't reply. It could be that he no longer lived there or he just didn't want to reply. So I just had no where else to look. I was very sad and cross with myself for not having looked for her earlier.

I don't recognise your self description. :( Did you work there with Brenda Moseley and Michael Wootton? (I think I've remembered his name right) I think Barbara Ball left to join the Navy around that time, too. PM your name to me. perhaps it will jog my memory.

Grannypat

I am trying to find an "old" friend of mine from many years ago. Her name then was Wendy Barford and we worked together at S & E Co-op at the bottom of Ecclesall Road. We lost touch and I don't remember much more than that we got on very well. She lived with her Grandparents on or near School Road, Crookes. Any help would be very much appreciated. She probably got married and her surname will have changed. It is very difficult to find someone when you don't know there present surname. I do hope that there is someone out there who might be able to give me some news.

Pat - I can't PM you - I haven't enough posts - PM me and I'll reply to that.

Ok B1ngo I have sent you a PM.

Grannypat

Ok B1ngo I have sent you a PM.

Grannypat

Yeah - I still can't reply to it -"Not enough posts" - I'll do a few more and try again later. TTFN.