Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday 12/01/18

Not the best of games was expecting a lot more from the blades,still can’t understand why united take stupid short corners as we always mess up ,why can’t we just put the ball in the box and put the defence under pressure so easy,

But still 4 points from our neighbors to be honest Wednesday was not that bad

Both keepers pulled some excellent saves off good atmosphere just needed to win this onewhat did the game look like on sky?

Haven't seen the game yet but a point away to a team 9 places above isn't bad,Jos has a lot of dead wood to clear out and I would start with Fox and Loovens.

Childish bickering has been removed. If you cant post like grown ups its probably better you dont post at all.

Thank you.

A disapointing match, but the dog and duck still unbeaten in the two derby matches.

Am sure the european champion elect , are also disapointed with just one point this season against a pub side .

Would the Blades pre season have settled for 4 points and a massive gap between the two sides ,of course we would.

Pre season we all know the Owls were expecting 6 points and a United team towards the bottom of the division.

So who this Saturday morning are the happier????

Still cant hide my thoughts on last night......expected better.

So the hammering never happened, and we came away with a credible 0-0 draw. For the short time Jos has been in charge he has instilled something into the team, we kept going for the full ninety minutes. I would not think any of our supporters could come away from the match and say otherwise. For parts of the game we were on the backfoot but they never looked like scoring, keep that up and we will climb up the league, and get prepared for a real shot at it next season, and maybe we can get players back and go on a good cup run who knows.

Childish bickering has been removed. If you cant post like grown ups its probably better you dont post at all.

Thank you.

Totally agree. I don't mind a bit of bragging rights, it's to be expected. But if there's 2 people who just want to contradict everything that the other one says, can you do it privately as it's not that interesting to the rest of us.

I suppose that's the problem with a draw. It limits the bragging rights, so we finish up with the forum equivalent of "ner ner na ner ner".

The key for us last night was always going to be getting quality ball in and around the box,provide it and we had a good chance of winning,otherwise it would be a frustrating night,and that's how it turned out.Whatever they did defensively,we had ample opportunities to provide it,from corners,free kicks and positions we got ourselves into,but precious little happened and our forwards had scraps to feed off.

The script was written long before the end that they were going to nick it 1-0,I've seen dozens of games like this down the years end that way,but thankfully,Simon Moore was having none of it.

When Nuhiu came on,who did more in 10 minutes than Rhodes did in 80,the first thing we did was give away a stupid free kick on him and give them a chance to load it into the box,so even when they went down to 10,we were still playing into their hands,the long range shooting we still never seem to learn our lesson,the one that Moore got out of the top corner and the one that went just past the post could easily have gone in just like the others have been doing all season.

Edited by chalga

Wednesday offered nothing tonight, were intent on spoiling, 4 bookings and a sending off. Couldn’t watch that from Wednesday every week, you’re being ripped off paying top prices to watch that.

Wallace’s tackle on Fleck was disgusting.

Congratulations on your point. Told you it wouldn’t be a massacre.

Good luck for the rest of the season

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 01:34 ----------

Lucky to have even 10 on the pitch

Reserves or not Rhodes cost more than our lads put together.

I love the “couldn’t watch that every week” comment - hilarious. A team in total disarray, short on confidence and with a manager that’s had four days to prepare did a job in a game most expected them to lose, the manager will now to stock, assess his players and play accordingly, have a think before you type.

All blades fans I have spoken to were expecting a win, don't think they expected Wednesday to put a shift in. But we did and they like their manager didn't like it, take it on the chin. We didn't park the bus, we got our game plan spot on. Wilder in the press leading up to the game thought he had already won before a ball was kicked. Sometimes he needs to act as a manager and not a fan with his silly schoolboy comments

All blades fans I have spoken to were expecting a win, don't think they expected Wednesday to put a shift in. But we did and they like their manager didn't like it, take it on the chin. We didn't park the bus, we got our game plan spot on. Wilder in the press leading up to the game thought he had already won before a ball was kicked. Sometimes he needs to act as a manager and not a fan with his silly schoolboy comments

Didn't he quote we'll be up for it they won't?

But your team still cost much more than ours?

A lack of depth was supposed to be our undoing,

I've not voiced an opinion on your team or your players from day one to the present day. I do remember saying summat like your togetherness and desire would do you well in this League. I'm right up to now. I've praised Clarke's rebirth and your 'we must win' attitude.

Didn't he quote we'll be up for it they won't?

Not at all,no idea where Wednesday fans have got it from,show the quote if you can.

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 10:07 ----------

Wilder said nothing about winning before a ball was kicked,you are coming up with fantasy stuff,same as 'not liking' you putting a shift in,we expect all our opposition to put a shift in,it's the basics of football.