Computer shutting down and restarting

right, I am on windows 10, all updates installed. I have avast fully up to date and I am using chrome. just recently while i am working my computer shuts down and goes through restart on its own. any ideas as to what is happening here?

thanks for the suggestion, but it is not a post update reboot. i have checked on recent updates and it is nothing to do with this. when i get updates i do an immediate reboot as requested. this occurs while i am using the computer-- it just goes black screen with a box saying " no video input" and then goes through the start up routine.

thanks for the suggestion, but it is not a post update reboot. i have checked on recent updates and it is nothing to do with this. when i get updates i do an immediate reboot as requested. this occurs while i am using the computer-- it just goes black screen with a box saying " no video input" and then goes through the start up routine.

First thing I would do was look into possibly a heat issue, download RealTemp or something like that and see what your temperatures are like...

if this seems ok, the next thing I'd do would to check the memory...

I posted a similar thread the other week mine does exactly the same what is the make and model? I am going to go to Tesco as that is where I purchased it from as it is still under warranty. Also I have clicked on the AMD settings but it will not open, I had an AMD update a while ago which went on ok. I have tried to make a video using the photo album but the pictures are all pixilated. I contacted AMD who said it could be a driver conflict and sent a mail with all instructions but I don't feel confident in doing the process, so will see what Tesco say.

I posted a similar thread the other week mine does exactly the same what is the make and model? I am going to go to Tesco as that is where I purchased it from as it is still under warranty. Also I have clicked on the AMD settings but it will not open, I had an AMD update a while ago which went on ok. I have tried to make a video using the photo album but the pictures are all pixilated. I contacted AMD who said it could be a driver conflict and sent a mail with all instructions but I don't feel confident in doing the process, so will see what Tesco say.

... they will likely say contact the manufacturer!

... they will likely say contact the manufacturer!

You can tell them to stuff off though, they sold it, they're responsible for it.

Anyway, sounds like possibly a heat issue as someone already said, although it could also be power regulation, or maybe even one of the spectre microcode updates that was causing random reboots until it was withdrawn.

You can tell them to stuff off though, they sold it, they're responsible for it.

Anyway, sounds like possibly a heat issue as someone already said, although it could also be power regulation, or maybe even one of the spectre microcode updates that was causing random reboots until it was withdrawn.

Microcode is for Intel not AMD. ;)