Lenovo idea tab A2109A problem

I have one of these tablets and I have a problem, It is very slow to start up it keeps freezing i have factory set it at least 3 times what i would like to know is it possible to clear the firmware and re install it? Would it sort out my problem or should I just bin it? Could the firmware be corrupted. Thanks for any info. Alan.

I'm no android expert but first take a look here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/lenovo-tab-getting-slower-lagging-t2949946

You may want to submit your own post as it was a post back in 2014 and the app links have been updated. As with anything, backup before proceeding! ;)

Hello swarfendor, Thanks for getting back to me I will have a look at the site. I don’t need to back anything up it runs that slow I have not been able to do anything with it. Alan.

It is possible the storage needs to be trimmed, but usually you have to root the device to do this. What version of android is it?

Hello andysm its Android 4.1.1. I’m not good with anything technical so wouldn’t know how to root it. Thanks Alan.

Edited by alan p