Owls Steering Group 09/03/18

Steering meeting at Hillsborough next Friday, post any (reasonable) questions you may want answering.

Steering meeting at Hillsborough next Friday, post any (reasonable) questions you may want answering.

Please explain what this is ?

Please explain what this is ?

It’s a meeting arranged every few months where the chairman, CEO, ticket office manager, stadium manager attend and take questions from a group of fans.

IT would be interesting to know DCs opinion on how close you guys are to FFP rule breaking.

IT would be interesting to know DCs opinion on how close you guys are to FFP rule breaking.

or how far we are away from the playoffs this season :P

or how far we are away from the playoffs this season :P

I can show you a table that answers that one :)

To be honest he's said in the past that he'd be prepared to do "a Wolves" and totaly flout FFP/S&P a risky strategy and not a route I'd be happy for us to go down.

To be honest he's said in the past that he'd be prepared to do "a Wolves" and totaly flout FFP/S&P a risky strategy and not a route I'd be happy for us to go down.

It's certainly not a good route to go down, because you don't know how you will be punished should you fail in the promotion push again.

But it would be interesting to know his views about the next financial year will go, baring in mind the current losses shown from the accounts.

It would appear that cost cutting is the way forward for the upcoming season, but that could potentially hit the results on the pitch.

I'm not one for believing the rumours the players aren't playing because of their 'appearance fees' that they will receive.

I can show you a table that answers that one :)

I know where we are tut, the chairmans view on it and the season in general

---------- Post added 02-03-2018 at 12:07 ----------

but that could potentially hit the results on the pitch.

Is that actually possible? :o

It would appear that cost cutting is the way forward for the upcoming season, but that could potentially hit the results on the pitch.

To be honest Robbie there's a good few thousand quid we could cut from the wage bill (a good few thousand) and we'd hardly notice.

Yes, any reduction in player choice could weaken us, obviously, but shrewd dealing (if Jos is capable) could bring in hungry players with good attitudes, and lose us some of the ones who don't really want to be at S6.

I could easily lose 6, 7, or more players off our squad, no problem.

As I always say, 'decent' or 'good' players, but with crap attitudes.

No questions Tops, sorry.

I'm not convinced anybody knows owt to be honest, we're just mashing along.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

It's certainly not a good route to go down, because you don't know how you will be punished should you fail in the promotion push again.

But it would be interesting to know his views about the next financial year will go, baring in mind the current losses shown from the accounts.

I'm not one for believing the rumours the players aren't playing because of their 'appearance fees' that they will receive.

He's got two choices really, trim the squad - not a bad thing, rely more on youth - not a bad thing or go balls out and spend loads and stuff the consequences.

Good to have a thread without the baiting (so far) too.

Edited by top4718

Would be a good idea for all players not involved in the matchday squad to be seen attending the game including those on the injured list. This would let us as supporters feel that the players do care for the club. Rather than layed on a beach recuperating as they like to call it.