Possible scams??

Wanting to buy something off gumtree site and seller is saying they want paying with iTunes vouchers ,is this a new sort of scam as never heard of it before??

Step away from it!

It is a scam as acknowledged by ITunes. As soon as you google ‘iTunes voucher scam’ it takes you straight to the iTunes site and explains how it works.

You send the 16 digit code and you never see your goods. And even better for the scammer, no trace!

---------- Post added 17-03-2018 at 19:28 ----------

It's a type of money laundering. They don't have to pay any taxes on your payment because it is considered a gift and can't be traced to the seller as a profit. It is a scam but not against you, as you could still receive your goods at the price you wanted to pay, but if you are in the slightest doubt, walk away.

It is a scam against the op!

Edited by monkey104

I’m having lots of scam telephone calls on my landline.

What with this breach on Facebook the scammers are really going to town. This morning a prerecorded American woman’s voice said “ Your ISP number has been compromised . You must change it” Press 1 to change it.

After putting the phone down I dialled 1471 and it gave a Sheffield code and number out.

I phoned BT and they said this is a definite scam.

I’m having lots of scam telephone calls on my landline.

What with this breach on Facebook the scammers are really going to town. This morning a prerecorded American woman’s voice said “ Your ISP number has been compromised . You must change it” Press 1 to change it.

After putting the phone down I dialled 1471 and it gave a Sheffield code and number out.

I phoned BT and they said this is a definite scam.

I've got in from work today to find the above left on my answer phone. Let's hope people don't fall for it!

I've got in from work today to find the above left on my answer phone. Let's hope people don't fall for it!

The scam caller also threatened me with “ If you do not change your ISP number on your router you will be cut off within 24 hours “ I phoned BT immediately and they gave me a 4 digit number to tap in immediately after this type of scam .It stops the caller for good. BT said they had had a lot of complaints about this scammer.