Technical help needed

I'm in a spot and need a micro HDMI to VGA cord for Monday. Can anyone suggest somewhere in Sheffield where I can buy one? I tried Hillsborough Maplin today with no luck and according to the online search, the city centre Maplin doesn't have them. Is there something else out there that I should look for such as a micro HDMI to USB and then a USB to VGA? Just wondering....

Says 5 at hillsborough....2 at Rotherham and 1 at drakehouse

Reviews

Questions

Help & advice

Product overview

• Host interface: Mini HDMI®

• Power Mode: Bus Power only

• Output : VGA Connector

• OS compliance: Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, and Windows® 8

• Resolution support: 1920 x 1080, 1680 x 1050, 1600 x 1200,1440 x 900 1400 x 1050, 1280 x 1024, 1280 x 800, 1280 x 720 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480

• Supports pixel clock rate from 25 MHz to 165 MHz

• Supports Analogue Video output up to UXGA and 1080p with an on-chip 10-bit DAC

• Support Separate Sync output and Sync On Green

This product is a low cost with high performance single port HDMI® receiver which is complaint with HDMI® 1.2a and support Analogue Video output up to UXGA and 1080P. The chip integrates Equalizer and HDMI® core engine in a single chip. Due to the feature, this Adapter is easily to transfer the HDMI® Signal from the HDMI® port on the portable device such as tablet PC, NB or mobile device such as smart phone to a VGA display with high resolution effect.

It will convert HDMI out to VGA but you need to check if the range of resolutions and refresh rates offered are suitable for use with your projector.

Resolution support: 1920 x 1080, 1680 x 1050, 1600 x 1200,1440 x 900 1400 x 1050, 1280 x 1024, 1280 x 800, 1280 x 720 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 • Supports pixel clock rate from 25 MHz to 165 MHz

hdmi converter

Maplin Mini HDMI Male to Female VGA Adapter

Code: N02NG

Edited by alarmingmark

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

You cannot just connect HDMI to VGA (or USB for that matter) - it has to have active circuitry that converts the image data from digital into analogue, and there potentially will be some signal/quality loss.

USB doesn't have enough bandwidth for HDMI, so that would never work..

But if you let us know what you're actually trying to do (output what device on what) we may be able to offer alternative solutions...

I need to connect my tablet to a projector for a presentation tomorrow. I just wondered if there was a different set of connections leads I could use if a direct connection isn't available, i.e. a micro HDMI to USB - multi USB hub - USB to VGA. Anything! I'm grabbing at straws, I know.

---------- Post added 11-03-2018 at 11:20 ----------

Alarmingmark: "Says 5 at hillsborough....2 at Rotherham and 1 at drakehouse"

What i t says and what the facts are vary greatly. As I stated, I went to the Hillsborough store and they had none. A waste of 3 hours from my busy day.

Edited by Touchwood
Extra information added

I need to connect my tablet to a projector for a presentation tomorrow. I just wondered if there was a different set of connections leads I could use if a direct connection isn't available, i.e. a micro HDMI to USB - multi USB hub - USB to VGA. Anything! I'm grabbing at straws, I know.

---------- Post added 11-03-2018 at 11:20 ----------

Alarmingmark: "Says 5 at hillsborough....2 at Rotherham and 1 at drakehouse"

What i t says and what the facts are vary greatly. As I stated, I went to the Hillsborough store and they had none. A waste of 3 hours from my busy day.

If you have access to a Laptop you could use "Chrome remote desktop" - otherwise, what tablet is it? it may support HDMI-out and you may just need a cable for it :)

Amazon Description: Linx 12X64 - 12.5-inch Tablet with Detachable Keyboard Intel Atom x5-Z8350 / 1.44 GHz (1.92 GHz Turbo) Quad Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage, Windows 10 - LINX12X64

What I am looking for is a cable to go from my Micro HDMI to join to VGA. Wouldn't that be right? But where can I buy one in such short time? My presentation is in London tomorrow at 1:00!

Edited by Touchwood
Adding information

Amazon Description: Linx 12X64 - 12.5-inch Tablet with Detachable Keyboard Intel Atom x5-Z8350 / 1.44 GHz (1.92 GHz Turbo) Quad Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage, Windows 10 - LINX12X64

What I am looking for is a cable to go from my Micro HDMI to join to VGA. Wouldn't that be right? But where can I buy one in such short time? My presentation is in London tomorrow at 1:00!

Where ever you're presenting should have some facility or way for you to do it - you should be able to let them know your requirements ahead of time and they should take provision...

That's how it's worked with any presentation venue's I have ever been involved with - all people do is turn up with their device(s) and it's up to the host venue to figure out connecting it all....

But that said, This should do it - and it's available with 1 day delivery... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-Active-Female-Adapter/dp/B007TWXAVI