Any Heavy rock fans on here ?

Brilliant performance by Robert Plant at the city hall recently. No longer all, or even mostly, heavy rock, but still worth a mention. His band the shape shifters were outstanding too.

Corrosion Of Conformity realeased their new album a week ago.

On first listen... awesome! Has their signature sound with the sludge and twin guitar harmonies; Reed Mullin is back on drums and it's like the last 15 years never happened.

Will take a few more listens before it is, but i can see it becoming a classic!!!

R.i.p former Judas priest drummer Dave Holland (69)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-former-judas-priest-drummer-dave-holland-dead-at-69/

although i think i take the R.I.P back after what ive just heard about him that i didnt know about

---------- Post added 26-01-2018 at 21:13 ----------

New Phil Campbell is out

Phil Campbell and the ******* Sons - Spiders

Edited by melthebell

Brilliant performance by Robert Plant at the city hall recently. No longer all, or even mostly, heavy rock, but still worth a mention. His band the shape shifters were outstanding too.

Just stumbled across

by Michael Winslow (aka Larvell Jones).

Quite possibly the best guitarist I've ever heard (also got the voice nailed pretty good) :headbang:

Just before Christmas I went to see Fear Lies at The Corp. While there I picked up a compilation of local acts called 'The Day Of The Riffids'. One track each by various bands I'd seen throughout the year or at least I'd heard of. It's a smashing little comp. Great sound on the I-pod. Good late-nite driving music.

Quite by chance I spoke to the chap who has compiled these releases for the past three years. He reckons there's unlikely to be one put out this year as there's been a poor response by acts. Now, ok, there's a fee to get your track on, but you'd reckon bands would jump at the chance to be included. Not the case this year. Shame. They're missing a great opportunity to be heard.

Hi guys just wondered if there's any heavy rock fans on here. Been into this since l was 17 lm now 53 and still in awe with the quality around now. Beenthrough the glam phase many years ago plus the hair metal band when l had hair lol.

Now lm well into heavy prog bands Evergrey, Symphony X, Vanden Plas, Dream Theater, but also like Primal fear, Allen/lande etc etc..

Not into so called indie rock that to me is just for teens lol..

Cheers

Mooks

I like power and prog metal bands such as Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Pagan's Mind, Evergrey and Angel Nation. I've recently gotten into AOR bands like H.E.A.T, TEN, Inglorious and Pretty Maids. I used to listen to 80s goth and new romantics stuff that my Dad got me into such as The Cult and the Mission and I looked for modern stuff that sounds similar and the obsession with melodic hard rock and metal grew from there. I've been into this stuff for around 12 or 13 years.

There's a record label that has been signing a lot of AOR and Melodic Metal bands recently and nearly all of them are fantastic! It's called Frontiers SRL.

Edited by Nightcast22

I like power and prog metal bands such as Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Pagan's Mind, Evergrey and Angel Nation. I've recently gotten into AOR bands like H.E.A.T, TEN, Inglorious and Pretty Maids. I used to listen to 80s goth and new romantics stuff that my Dad got me into such as The Cult and the Mission and I looked for modern stuff that sounds similar and the obsession with melodic hard rock and metal grew from there. I've been into this stuff for around 12 or 13 years.

There's a record label that has been signing a lot of AOR and Melodic Metal bands recently and nearly all of them are fantastic! It's called Frontiers SRL.

Excellent taste bud Evergreys Storm within is a classic luv it check out Vanden plas a Austrian prog band if ye already haven't done so...Symphony X are awesome normal maiden type stuff is ok as l grew up with it but times are changing wont be long till they split with the other 80s bands ye cant go on forever. Just wish Evergrey would play Sheffield again and Synphony X missed them last time..

I am a huge fan of Metallica.. got all of their album and been to their concert. But, is that Metallica can be put into heavy rock or it just need their own genre which is Metal. But my own perspective, as long as it got heavy guitar riff/distortion, so i can call it heavy rock genre.

Excellent taste bud Evergreys Storm within is a classic luv it check out Vanden plas a Austrian prog band if ye already haven't done so...Symphony X are awesome normal maiden type stuff is ok as l grew up with it but times are changing wont be long till they split with the other 80s bands ye cant go on forever. Just wish Evergrey would play Sheffield again and Synphony X missed them last time..

Thanks for the recommend Mooks, I listen to a couple of songs of Vanden Plas on Youtube and they are really good. I recently started listening to Sons of Apollo which is a new project Mark Portnoy who used to be in Dream Theater is doing. There's also a German band I like a lot called Lord of the Lost. I saw Evergrey when they were supporting Kamelot a few years ago. I'd like to see Symphony X too.