Lyceum Theatre Sheffield - Fat Friends

Been to Lyceum today to see the play Fat Friends. It was billed as having at least five television stars in this play. The tickets are not cheap and wow and behold only one of the actors billed was in the play! Loads of people very angry and one of the staff just said they all have Flu!

Maybe they do. Actors are human beings and can become ill just like the rest of us.

Disappointing as it was i'm sure, there isnt much they could do. Its why they have understudies.

Would you prefer it if they have cancelled that performance altogether?

Guest busdriver1

To be fair to all concerned was the play any good? That is what would be my concern. I would not lose a wink of sleep over the previous performances of any of the cast but would be concerned with that days performance of those that starred in it on the day.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you were more interested in the actors having been on telly than the quality of the play, maybe you could have saved yourself the money and stayed in and watched telly?

Standard practice for productions- there is always that risk, and the posters always mention that the cast are subject to change.

I went to see this show on Wednesday and I take the ladies point about the artists not turning up,but my grouse wasn’t that at all,the play was terrible and so were the “ artists” they could have gone to the job Center, picked twenty women assorted ages and sizes,and they could have done a better job, as for Freddie Flintoff lol no one can blame him for trying something different,he was certainly no worse than the other artist,and God loves a tryer!

it does say subject to change and i believe a couple did have flu but in tv stars is a bit vague as i counted on that last night that over 5 had tv experience .