Reporting drivers

I know we have dozens of taxi threads, but I've caught on camera today the most obvious red light jump I've ever seen.

A private hire taxi, here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4023808,-1.5006989,3a,75y,298.88h,68.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGlYPtAcYp_nQcEetZ28mmA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

At the lights you can see and at the stop line you can see.

The lights are red, he's stationary, I'm one set of traffic lights back.

10 seconds after I've stopped, all lights still on red. He just drives through. And off down Holme Lane.

It's not a case of gambling, there's no other set of lights to be confused about. They stayed red for at least another 10 seconds, probably longer.

He just got fed of waiting and decided to drive through the red light.

I have it on video, should I send it to the council taxi licensing department?

First and foremost get in contact with SYP.

Ask them whether you can report this using the telephone 101 service, or online using their online reporting tool [here].

If you use the online reporting tool make sure you mention you have videographic evidence of the incident.

---------- Post added 18-04-2017 at 17:20 ----------

I should add that running a red light is a criminal offence hence why I think contact with SYP is required in the first instance.

Should you report it? Absolutely - at the very least the guy needs a talking to.

I know we have dozens of taxi threads, but I've caught on camera today the most obvious red light jump I've ever seen.

A private hire taxi, here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4023808,-1.5006989,3a,75y,298.88h,68.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGlYPtAcYp_nQcEetZ28mmA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

At the lights you can see and at the stop line you can see.

The lights are red, he's stationary, I'm one set of traffic lights back.

10 seconds after I've stopped, all lights still on red. He just drives through. And off down Holme Lane.

It's not a case of gambling, there's no other set of lights to be confused about. They stayed red for at least another 10 seconds, probably longer.

He just got fed of waiting and decided to drive through the red light.

I have it on video, should I send it to the council taxi licensing department?

Would Chuck ,Norris send it? (Who is Chuck Norris?)

Would Chuck ,Norris send it? (Who is Chuck Norris?)

Chuck Norris most certainly would, in a most gentle right wing evangelical Christian way that ultra right wing Americans do best.

Then Chuck would give him one of his famous "Roundhouse" kicks that comes from the power of him truly lovin' the Lord then he'd just generally beat him up. (In a loving Christian way) of course.

Send it and keep us informed of what happens

Please God let it be Penistone999 driving!

I use this area frequently and the stupidity that can be seen daily on this junction is scary. Sending you footage to the authorities and obtaining a conviction just may spurr on others with a dash cam to do similar.

I think you should mind your own business. I see illegal actions on the road daily but don't make a song and dance over them. I certainly wouldn't come on here boasting just because I have a dash cam :roll:

I see illegal actions on the road daily but don't make a song and dance over them.

Great attitude! No doubt an exemplary citizen..

Which other illegal actions do you choose to ignore?

Bad or illegal parking. Speeding. Illegal overtaking. Illegal left or right turns. Careless/inconsiderate driving. Mobile phone users. People eating while driving.

Probably many more. I don't have to justify myself or anything but all the above are none of my business. If there was an accident or incident then that is different and I would be a witness.

Someone going through a red light and no incident, just carry on it's none of my business.

I think you should mind your own business. I see illegal actions on the road daily but don't make a song and dance over them. I certainly wouldn't come on here boasting just because I have a dash cam :roll:

Someone was involved in a hit and run not 50m from the spot a few days ago. Perhaps if drivers didn't arbitrarily decide to run red lights then people would be safer.