Sheffield Forum

Why are Leeds disliked by other football clubs?

Home > General > General Sports Chat

Reply To Topic

09-05-2017, 11:57   #61
geared

Total Posts: 12,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennpickard View Post
Question in my mind is can both Sheffield clubs get to the Premier league and stay there ? Is the fan base large enough for the two and can both clubs draw the finance that is necessary to be successful.
Well then you get into the murky waters of club funding and it's really hard to say.

Both clubs can pack out a stadium for a big match so I'd say the local support is there.
Both stadium's are about average size for the Premier League as well.

I don't think either have a bearing on how a club performs in their first season, it's usually down to having the right manager, the right tactics and the right players.

Middlesboro are a good example, they came up last season, spend over 20 million in the transfer window and got totally smashed.
09-05-2017, 14:31   #62
stpetre

Total Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by geared View Post
Well then you get into the murky waters of club funding and it's really hard to say.

Both clubs can pack out a stadium for a big match so I'd say the local support is there.
Both stadium's are about average size for the Premier League as well.

I don't think either have a bearing on how a club performs in their first season, it's usually down to having the right manager, the right tactics and the right players.

Middlesboro are a good example, they came up last season, spend over 20 million in the transfer window and got totally smashed.
Yes Boro are a good example of how not to behave in the Premier. Perhaps part of their player problem is that they bought three of them from a crap and relegated Aston Villa and the Owls have two more of them.
09-05-2017, 15:24   #63
sgtkate

Total Posts: 4,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetre View Post
Yes Boro are a good example of how not to behave in the Premier. Perhaps part of their player problem is that they bought three of them from a crap and relegated Aston Villa and the Owls have two more of them.
Oi, less of the Villa bashing you!
09-05-2017, 15:30   #64
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 54,149
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetre View Post
Boro are exactly the same as Wednesday, even mi Boro mates round here said it, niether score enough goals, we have recently, but it does tend to dry up.
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
25-05-2017, 06:53   #65
glennC

Total Posts: 112
Send a message via ICQ to glennC
If one game sums up why a lot of people hate Leeds it has to be the FA Cup game against Colchester United
Colchester had the audacity to go 2-0 up, Leeds pulled one back but then Colchester made it 3-1.
After that the sheer brutality of the Leeds players was awful, they kicked anything that moved, horrible cynical fouls, sly digs, they just couldn't handle that little Colchester were going to beat them, but they did 3-2 in the end

Leeds United a nothing club, one famous quote I remember was from Gordon McQueen at the FA Cup Semi final v Man Utd at Hillsborough in 1977
"We were the Yorkshire club, but on all four sides of the ground it was just red and white, one journalist described it as a fried egg surrounded by tomato sauce"
25-05-2017, 13:43   #66
iansheff

Total Posts: 5,858
Well another Leeds manager gone, this time it says he resigned and not sacked.
Reply To Topic