Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Ernie Wise Lodge Moor Petrol Station

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield History & Expats

Reply To Topic

10-05-2017, 20:03   #21
Person6

Total Posts: 71
They would be used as reference for an art project I'm involved in. So I would basically be looking at them to work out what the site was like.

For the Ernie Wise part we have collected a number of written and verbal accounts, a picture of the bus in Peterborough before it was owned by Ernie Wise, Ordnance Survey maps of the Sandygate area showing the Service Station and surrounding buildings and by this weekend I hope to have an aerial photograph taken in 1951.

Although I very much appreciate your offer of help, I don't want to set you off on a massive task looking through thousands of photographs for very little reward. I know what it is like searching through large quantities of photographs!
11-05-2017, 10:13   #22
sandygatebar

Total Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Person6 View Post
They would be used as reference for an art project I'm involved in. So I would basically be looking at them to work out what the site was like.

For the Ernie Wise part we have collected a number of written and verbal accounts, a picture of the bus in Peterborough before it was owned by Ernie Wise, Ordnance Survey maps of the Sandygate area showing the Service Station and surrounding buildings and by this weekend I hope to have an aerial photograph taken in 1951.

Although I very much appreciate your offer of help, I don't want to set you off on a massive task looking through thousands of photographs for very little reward. I know what it is like searching through large quantities of photographs!
I have found a few of the garage area. what next?
11-05-2017, 19:00   #23
fleetwood

Total Posts: 947
Hi sandygatebar & Person6 - As Eric Morecambe would say 'ger out athat yo can't canya - fleetwood

Last edited by fleetwood; 11-05-2017 at 22:46.
11-05-2017, 20:59   #24
Person6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygatebar View Post
I have found a few of the garage area. what next?
I'll PM you my phone number.

I've sent it but I'm using my iphone and it is none too clear whether the message has been sent, so you'll have no messages or ten identical messages.
If you don't receive a message let me know on here and I'll send again on another device.

Last edited by Person6; 11-05-2017 at 21:16.
12-05-2017, 09:26   #25
sandygatebar

Total Posts: 4
I'm busy this coming week and will phone you next week.
12-05-2017, 09:54   #26
Person6

Brilliant, thank you.
Reply To Topic