Ashes 2017/18..

Right, let's get the prediction out of the way - 5-0 to the Aussies - anything else is fanciful at best. Englands first innings goes a bit like this.

Cook caught behind 12

Stoneman caught at short leg after being roughed up 1

Vince bowled playing round a fast full one 0

Root flays at a short one caught at fine leg 28

Malan caught at short leg after being roughed up 7

Bairstow plays on a short wide one that isn't really with 36

Ali caught at mid off after dancing down the track at Lyon 19

Woakes caught at slip 26

Broad bowled backing away out of the stadium 0

Ball plays on having a biff 10

Anderson not out 1

Total 140ao

Edited by tinfoilhat

Think you need to change your predictions.

I never said which test ;)

And its still possible for us to be blown away for under 250. The weather might MIGHT save us but otherwise we will still lose this test.

We are giving the aussies too much respect . Root was negative if we carry on 2nd day same 250 to 270 will be a good score . Seems like we are trying too much not to lose instead of trying to win . Our batsmen can get on top of these average bowlers easy .

---------- Post added 23-11-2017 at 14:37 ----------

Will not be a 5..0 this time

We are giving the aussies too much respect . Root was negative if we carry on 2nd day same 250 to 270 will be a good score . Seems like we are trying too much not to lose instead of trying to win . Our batsmen can get on top of these average bowlers easy .

---------- Post added 23-11-2017 at 14:37 ----------

Will not be a 5..0 this time

The pitch is a bit of pudding which is nullifying them a bit, it will nullify our bowlers also. Still 5-0. We arent very good away from home, we arent good against spin (lyon is getting quite a bit of turn) we arent good against pace as and when the pitch quickens up, and we dont bat long anymore. Id wouldnt be totally surprised is no test lasted 5 days.

I agree the apprehension away from home is always there but a good second day for us will take the wind out of their sails . Already the crowd was a bit subdued at times when we didn't fold after we lost Cooke early and then root cheap . I agree about pitch but like I have said need a good second day

I'd like to see us win this series 5-0 but can't see it, I'll go for us winning 2-1.

Incidentally I know Vince had a good knock but I'd stop his wages for today for getting run out on the first day.

England lost the last 6 wickets for 50 odd runs. 302ao at under 3 an over. Aussies to score 500+ at 4. We. Don't. Bat. Long.

yes the tail end should have been able to bat at least another session , now if Aussies bat through 3rd day and build a lead we will have to bat a day and a half at least . Just need another good early break through and anything can happen but we have not been steam rolled out of sight .

yes the tail end should have been able to bat at least another session , now if Aussies bat through 3rd day and build a lead we will have to bat a day and a half at least . Just need another good early break through and anything can happen but we have not been steam rolled out of sight .

Another interesting days cricket. We took our foot off the Aussies throat and we're likely going to pay - the pitch has quickened up quite a bit. Bowled out for 150 or less, England to lose by 7 wickets.

Another interesting days cricket. We took our foot off the Aussies throat and we're likely going to pay - the pitch has quickened up quite a bit. Bowled out for 150 or less, England to lose by 7 wickets.

Admire your efforts tinny, but think your operating outside your comfort zone.

Admire your efforts tinny, but think your operating outside your comfort zone.

Go on then, educate me.