Swishing Parties

I am just checking out any interest in a swishing party if I organised one?

What is a swishing party? See here

http://swishing.com/about_swishing/

I would do Mens, Womens and Childrens parties

After googling "swishing parties", all I can say is...thats just....strange :suspect:

Not really, its really taken off recently, its a good way to get a new wardrobe and get rid of your old stuff!

Sounds more exciting than it is. :hihi: I see it's a women-only pursuit; maybe if it was mixed and you had to turn up wearing the clothes, then take them off to put on the rail... is that my Dragons Den moment?

Not convinced it would work in Sheffield unless you were very careful about who you invite - I could see it descending into one big argument, and people would turn up, grab everything and then put it on eBay. And what if everyone was different sizes?

Is this the sort of party where people through their keys into a bowl on the coffee table? :suspect:

This thread reminded me of an episode of C.S.I when the subject was this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plushophilia

Perhaps it's the emphasis of the sh in 'swishing' and 'plushophilia' which sparked the memory. Nice words, even though maybe the meaning of plushophilia is a bit morbid!

Did you decide on this after seeing the programme on ch 4 last week where he was trying to live for free?

Not convinced it would work in Sheffield unless you were very careful about who you invite - I could see it descending into one big argument, and people would turn up, grab everything and then put it on eBay. And what if everyone was different sizes?

As I understand it you're given tokens for the things you bring in, which you then exchange for new stuff so nobody can just grab everything, you can only take out the equivalent of what you put in. I think it's a good idea.

Did you decide on this after seeing the programme on ch 4 last week where he was trying to live for free?

Ive seen it mentioned a few times, looked into it and the last one in Sheffield was over 3 years ago!

It was on tv not long ago, it's a good idea.