Suffer with high blood pressure.

First heart attack in 1994...been on atenolol ever since and Enalapril..It helps

now on wafarin to stop blood clots and break clots down...had 5 heart attacks bad ones into ICU...other small ones..not so bad...have sublingual with me all the time for emergencies..73 now and still going at it...One or two glasses red twice a week...no beer or cigarettes...watch my diet but not starving myself...Oh yes Cholestorol tablets as well.... Life only ends when the heart stops...Never give up until you no longer have the will to carry on,,

Sadly Peter passed away on 13 April '15, I knew him from 1950-55 at school. I to have HBP and had a heart attack in 2004, am on Simvastatin,Lansoprozol, asprin, atenolol and now Cadersartan - just as well we have an NHS here.

Blood Pressure is not a constant,anybody who is worried should buy their own monitor, but not a wrist one as these are not very accurate.Sit or lay down for 10 minutes before taking your pressure,if you think it is high take it again after 3 minutes and then again after another 3 minutes.You may well be amazed at the difference in readings.A good reading is 120/80,however up to 138/88 is still not excessively high.Take readings 2 or 3 times a day for 2 or 3 weeks preferably at about the same times and you will get a good idea of how your pressure fluctuates.The once only check at the doctors does not give a proper analysis as you may well be worried and this will raise your pressure.Don't forget it's not so many years ago that acceptable pressures were 100 plus your age for the high one and 85 plus 1 for every 10 years of your age for the lower one.

I think that as long as you feel fine don't worry about it. Mine as been as high as 178/105.and that has been the case for years, according to the charts I should be dead with that sort reading.

I am on four different types of medication,nothing really controls it. so I dont even bother anymore taking readings.

Its only when i know I am having a bad few days that it really worries me. even then unless I have the "classic symptoms" of a possible stroke/ heart attack. I dont bother the Doc.

I think that as long as you feel fine don't worry about it.

Dont worry about anything, but it a sign that you are not healthy and you should eat better, cut out your unhealthy habits and take exercise.

Your doctor is unlikely to push you, its much easier to prescribe tablets.

I have no medical training, just my opinion.

Does smoking weed like this bonzaseeds.com/blog/cannalope-haze/ alter your blood pressure or your heartrate or anything like that at all? I have technically "high" blood pressure, not severely high or anything, but high for a younger person. Last week, I got high with some buddies, and I was laying on a futon cause we were just chillin' watching a movie, and every so often, it felt like my torso and arms were 10x heavier than normal, and when i moved my arms, they had the same sensation as when they're asleep (pinpricks type of thing).

What I'm wondering is if it had anything to do with smoking, and if it was dangerous. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Mine is on the high side of normal, which I would love to be able to say about my rheumatoid blood factor, which varies from high to off the richter scale, well everyone will die of something.